Chilltober 13: costume

"Mama, can we get my Halloween costume after school?" Mallory asked, pulling her rubber boots on.

"I don't see why not. What did you want to be?" Zoe asked.

"I wanna be Captain America." Mallory said simply.

"Oh yeah?" Zoe asked.

"Uh huh. I like Captain America." Mallory said as a matter of factly. Zoe smiled.

"Well then my love, you will have the best Captain America costume." Zoe assured her.

"What about Tia? Maybe she can be Iron Man?" Mallory asked, leaning down to look at her sister.

"And you can be Scarlet Witch and Daddy can be Vision!" Mallory suggested.

"My goodness you are thinking way ahead of all of us aren't you?" Zoe asked, smiling.

Mallory pulled her backpack on and beamed at her mother.

"It's what I'm best at." She explained. Zoe smiled and tapped the top of her head.

"Go get in the car Goose." Zoe laughed. She scooped Tia up and followed Mallory out to the car.

+++

"Alright Miss, go run and show Daddy!" Zoe whispered, unbuckling Tia from her car seat.

"DADDY!" Mallory yelled, running inside with her shopping bag. Zoe walked into the house to see Mallory with her helmet and her shield out.

"Go on Daddy! Try to attack me! I'll block you with my shield!" Mallory shouted.

"I don't know Mal, crossing Captain America doesn't seem very smart. Look at the shield you have." Evan said smiling.

"Did she tell you about the rest of the family?" Zoe asked, taking her coat off.

"No?" Evan asked, looking confused.

"Your little one is going to be Iron Man, I'm Scarlet Witch, and you're Vision." Zoe explained, tossing him a bag with Tia's costume.

"Sounds like you have this all planned out Mal." Evan said, as Mallory took off her helmet.

"I do!" Mallory beamed.

"Planning is smart baby." Evan said.

"This is gonna be the best Halloween ever!" Mallory cheered.