Chapter 9 - Waking up ✅

Third person PoV:

The next time Draco woke up he was in his bed. To Draco this was funny because he couldn't remember how he had got here, that and his memory is a bit foggy. Draco lay in bed trying to gather his thoughts when the bedroom door opened. Draco's mother was there holding a bowl of soup, she walked into the room carefully while carrying it. Draco watched as she came and sat down beside him looking at the blond boy with sad eyes. It was rare to ever see Narcissa like this that's when it all came back to him. Draco remembered what had happened when he got home, his eyes widened as he hurried to pull up his pyjama    t-shirt left arm. There it was in all its inky blackness; the dark mark. The mark that showed that HE belonged to him. Draco's eyes stung with tears, he wanted to cry. He really did. His mother was rubbing his back trying to comfort her destressed son, she knew it wasn't really helping but it was all she could do. It hurt her to see her son so upset with something that she could have done to prevent at the cost of her own life. But she couldn't protect him from his father or the dark lord.

Draco gulped involuntary as he stared at the mark that would forever stain his arm, "Mother, How long was I asleep for?"

Narcissa sighed gently, Lucius wasn't very pleased that his son had disgraced the Malfoy name by fainting in front of the dark lord. He had wanted to disinherit him from the family name. She had persuaded him not to as she, herself could have no more children. "Two days, Draco."

After Draco's mother told him that, she could tell her son wanted to be alone. She gave him a sorrowful look before setting the soup on the cabinet before getting up and slipping out of Draco's room.

Draco hurried to find parchment and wrote a quick note, he sent it off with Janus; his eagle owl and told him to bring it to Harry and to stay there.

Draco looked down at his arm to see the snake tattoo slithering under the skin. Shaking himself from his thoughts, He lifted himself what was necessary and stuffed it all in a duffel bag. A couple pairs of clothes that looked as muggle as possible and shoes. He quickly changed and then slung the duffel bag over his shoulder. As he was ready to jump out the window he heard his bedroom door open and silently cursed.

Draco reluctantly looked over his shoulder only to see his mother, she smiled gently while looking at him, knowing what her son was going to do. I was standing at my window looking at her, she came and rapped her arms around me and whispered into my ear,

"Go on, dragon."

Draco jumped out the window and ran not once did he look back...

~503