Chapter 14 - Heart racing ✅

"That was too close." Draco huffed out as he collapsed on the couch, hearts were racing and the relief flooded his person.

"Agreed." Was the only word that Harry could breath out; as he too, flopped onto the couch beside the the blond.

They sat there for around what felt like and hour in silence, but it was really only ten minutes. Harry broke the silence first by saying that he was going to go out to the shops, asking Draco if he wanted anything. Draco said replied back with a distracted, not-all-there-right-now "no" and Harry left the blond on the couch to his thoughts.

Draco must have sat there for another twenty minutes before deciding that he should get up and start unpacking the boxes that they had put their stuff into. Knowing that the wards would block any and all magical spells like 'the trace', he grabbed his wand from the holster that it was safely secured in. Casting a few spells to lift stuff out of the boxes and put it on the fireplace in a form of decoration he smiled to himself as he found on of the pictures of him and his mother. She had spelled a couple of things to his location after he left, just a couple of keepsakes and memories. Draco had been young in this photo, maybe only five years old. He had been playing with Blaise, one of the fellow Slytherin's in his year, Draco's father had taken the photo. There was another one moving photograph that his mother had sent him, one with himself and his mother and father. This was taken when Lucius had been more involved in parenting, Draco had memories of when he had been seven an his father teaching him how to ride his first broom. That was probably the happiest memory that he had had with his father.

Draco wiped a tear that threatened to fall. He hadn't even realised that he was crying. He smiled as he set the framed pictures up on the mantle piece. Moving to the rest of the boxes he continued unpacking.

——

Harry came home an hour after that with three large bags of shopping and a brown paper bag which sparked Draco's curiosity. "Whats in the paper bag?"

Harry smile at Draco and replied, "It's a chinese, I hope you don't mind but I really couldn't be bothered to cook tonight."

Draco's eyebrows furrowed, "A chinese... isn't that a type of muggle food?"

Harry had started taking the food out of the bag and setting it on the wooden kitchen table before answering the question. "Well, kinda. Though the wizards and witches from china would eat it often enough. I didn't know what to get you so I just got you, chicken balls and a choice between chicken fried rice or chips. There is also some sweet n' sour sauce if you want that as well."

By this time, Draco had gotten the cutlery and glasses out so they sat down to eat. After a couple bites Draco's voice could be heard. "This is really good."

Harry smile back at him, "Glad you like it."

~532