Chapter 21 - Narcissa's Release ✅

Harry and Draco stood at the edge of the island with the large, looming building standing tall over them. They couldn't bear going any closer, the dementors showed them their worst memories, Harry's being his mother's death and Draco's, his death eater marking, even with the physical scar gone the mental ones were still fresh. The two watched as three people in the distance came walking towards them, two burley looking men and a small, frail looking woman who was still walking with the grace that a pure blood woman was taught to. However she abandoned that when she realised that it was her son standing at the edge of the dark island, she ran as much as she could in her state and jumped into her son's un-expecting arms.

Draco felt the tears well up on his eyes as his mother clung to his body, he hugged her back as tightly as he felt he could, which wasn't that tight considering she felt as breakable as a porcelain doll.

The guards that had brought Draco's mother stared with distaste at Harry, who was just standing there quite awkwardly. Apparently when Harry had ran away, Neville Longbottom had taken his place as the 'boy-who-lived'. As Dumbledore claimed that he had gotten it wrong that night in Godric's Hollow. Which Harry couldn't care less about, but his family's name had been soiled when he deserted the light. Anywhere he went he got sneers and disgusted looks thrown at him, people whispered as he passed the streets of Diagon alley. One of the guard's cleared their throats causing Draco and Harry to look up at them, "We need to see your left arm." One of the burley men said to the younger Malfoy and Draco sighed. Narcissa let go of her son and stood back with a clear view of his arm so she could see if her son had truly done the impossible.

Draco rolled up the sleeve of his left arm shirt, showing the clear milky skin of the inside of his left forearm. Once the men felt as if he was truly not a death eater they let the trio go back to Malfoy manor.

——

Narcissa looked around as they had apparated into the garden of Malfoy manor, two of the new house elves were hard at work trimming the rose bushes and shaping the hedges.

Harry couldn't help but watch his boyfriend's mum's reaction to the garden, it looked a lot neater than when she was last here, pity we couldn't say the same for the inside.

As Draco opened the door a weight jumped on top of him, almost knocking him down. "Hey Magic, I missed you too girl." Draco said tiredly as he lifted the dog's paws off his legs and walked off, Magic whined slightly but got excited when she saw the woman that accompanied her masters.

Narcissa was almost trampled by the excited dog, who jumped up on her "Magic. Down." Draco's voice said before he walked off in the direction towards his and Harry's bedroom. The dog removed her paws from the blonde woman and whined.

Harry smiled slightly, "I'll take you out over the grounds later, girlie. Ow about that." She wagged her tail excitedly and walked off to try and find her blond master.

"I must thank you for looking after Draco and taking him away from here, I really appreciate it." The gaunt looking woman said.

Harry smiled again, "Please Mrs Malfoy, don't thank me, it was the least I could do. Now I'll get the elves to prepare some tea." Although his smile faded slightly when he noticed Draco's absence. "Don't worry about Draco, the question he was asked just didn't well with him, I'm sure you know what it was." His boyfriends mother nodded and they walked to the sitting room.

~650
A/N - Well... I'm sorry for the long wait for this chapter. I got wrapped up in new fanfic ideas. One of which I will be releasing tomorrow, if you want to please check it out. It's a Black Butler - Harry Potter crossover. I'll just let you read the description.

Thanks to his cousin's bullying; Harry Potter committed suicide when he was eleven years old. As punishment for this act, he was forced to become a Grim Reaper.

Trained under Grelle Sutcliff and Ronald Knox; Harry is part of the Retrieval Division sent to collect the souls of the British Wizarding world.

If you want to read it please do I would really appreciate it.

~SandefurdaSlytherin