Chapter 7 - The Malfoy's ✅

Third person PoV:

Draco arrived home by the floo, his mother and father had stopped coming to the station to pick him up after his 3rd year. That was okay with him, his parents had better things to do, that's what he told himself anyways.

As he arrived home his mother was there to greet him, this was a normal thing. His mother was there on the other side of the floo every year after school to greet him. It was one of the few times he actually seen her. Draco learned to save these precious memories of the short times they spent together. His mother embraced him in a warm hug, he savoured the feeling as he knew it would probably be the last time he had any physical contact with her.

He smiled and greeted her warmly, "Hello Mother."

She loosened her grip on him and looked up at her son, "Hello Draco."

Draco smiled before summoning a house elf to take his stuff up to his room.

There was something off with his mother though, he could feel it, the hug seemed... desperate. It didn't feel right however if his mother didn't want to talk about it he wouldn't push it. He knew better than that.

"Your Father wishes to see you. I shall bring you to him." His mother said although her eyes held a pained look in them as they drifted from her son's face.

"Of course, Mother." Draco replied. Something was off, he knew he would be getting his mark this summer. It was scheduled for the second week of his holidays. 'Maybe she was just worried for that? Yeah that was it.' He thought.

Narcissa guided Draco to his father's study were he was told to sit down. Draco obeyed and his father came in a few minutes later with another person. This other person creeped him out, he... it didn't look human - white scaly skin, bald and most importantly; no nose.

This was Lord Voldemort. The dark lord, now he knew why he was here.

"Hello Draco." The voice hissed.

"Hello... my Lord." I whispered, audible although his voice was shaking.

Draco immediately understood why his mother was so tense, this was it... his skin would be forever unclean. He gulped down the heavy lump that was weighing on this throat as he felt the wand press deep into his arm and the whisper of parceltongue. There was a small tingling pain at first. Though it quickly escalated into an agonising burning fire as the snake slithered under his skin, it burned so very hot.

Draco knew the tears were gathering in his eyes, he managed to hold them back as he lost himself to the excruciating pain that he had been subjected to.

His father was smiling at him with a proud and glee filled look in his eyes and the dark lord was smiling cruelly at him.

That was the last thing Draco saw and felt before he passed out. Into one of the most uncomfortable sleep he had even been subjected to.

He knew he would never be the same again...

~523