Chapter 6 - They don't care ✅

Third person PoV:

As Harry got off the Hogwarts express he looked around trying to see Draco through the tight crowd. For a moment he couldn't find the blond but as he looked around a bit more he saw him bragging his luggage towards the floo network. Harry smiled to himself as Draco left, it wouldn't be long now until they could both leave this life behind them. Harry sighed as he left platform 9 3/4 to wait outside the train station for his uncle to pick him up. Harry stood and waited there in the cold summer night for an hour and a half before deciding that his Uncle Vernon wasn't coming for him.

Harry breathed in a sigh, it was 6:30 and still busy in London I mean... when is it not? Harry, seeing he couldn't call the knight bus for a while yet, walked along to a small cafe that was just across the street. His trunk was shrunken down and in his pocket so no one could see it. He had sent Hedwig on to Grimmauld place as he seen no one was coming for him. Harry had decided that he had, had enough of the Dursley's. They don't care and Harry was fine with that, it's not like they were actually nice to be around anyway.

Harry walked into the cafe and sat down, he looked over the menu but nothing really taking his fancy. Although he did end up ordering a steak sandwich.

He sat there thinking to himself; he had made his decision. He wasn't going back to the Dursley's, he had no intentions of putting himself through more torture and beatings. That made him weak, the scars he carried; to him, represented weakness and cowardice. Others may say opposite, that it made him stronger but he really didn't believe that.

His order came around ten minutes later in which Harry was lost in thought. He ate the sandwich and got lost in thought again, this time over Grimmauld Place and... Draco. Harry knew Grimmauld was still a tip of a dump and that it needed a lot of renovations to get it back to what it once was. The dark magic was saturated into the very foundations of the house. He then thought back to Draco. Was it really wise to bring him with me? Merlin knows, but it's done now. I'll see him in a week.

With that Harry payed the woman at the till and left, it was still rather busy in London at seven O'clock so Harry started to make the short half an hour walk to Grimmauld Place. It was a part of the new start, something Harry desperately needed.

~455