Chapter 18 - Puppy ✅

"Harry I got a reply from my mother!" Draco called from the living room to Harry was busy making dinner in the kitchen.

"That's great, has she said anything important?" Harry called back. Draco had already been a lot happier since he sent that diary to his mother, it relieved some of the unsaid tension that had been lingering.

"Apart from the fact that I'm thought to be dead and that I've been disinherited. She had said that my father is trying to force her to have another child, although she doesn't have to agree with that since her marriage contract only specified that she had to have one child." Draco said. Although his face screwed up for a moment before he continued, "He can't fully disinherit me since he doesn't have an heir. The most he can do is keep me from the inheritance until he dies."

Harry pondered that for a moment before replying, "I suppose that is a good thing, but it will be a while before he dies of natural causes unless he dies fighting in the war."

"I suppose though I really don't want him to die, he's still my father," Draco said as he walked into the kitchen so he could set the table for their evening meal.

"I would guess so, I could never hate or wish my dad dead even if he made me a death eater." Draco winced at his boyfriend's blatant forgetfulness of the fact that he had been made one, to which afterward he apologized profusely. Draco smiled at him and waved it off, saying that it didn't matter.

----

A couple of days later, Draco and Harry decided to go on a walk around their neighborhood. It was a sunny day with blue skies so the thought, 'why not?'

As they were walking, hand-in-hand, Harry heard a small whine from a box that was sitting outside the corner of a random house. Harry pulled his hand out of Draco's and cautiously walked over to the cardboard box that was now shuffling about quite a bit. Draco followed Harry over to the box and watched as Harry opened it, ever so slightly. Harry landed on his backside as something jumped out of the box and onto the younger boy's stomach.

"Stop it! That tickles!" Harry laughed as Draco watched, amused. A puppy had jumped from the box and onto Harry, it licked his face as if it was thanking him for saving him from the dark, scary box. Soon the excited puppy saw Draco and couldn't help but jump up and place its paws on the blond's leg. Draco chuckled to himself as he bent down to pick the puppy up.

Harry got up onto his feet and watched Draco interact with the small puppy. It was mostly grey and white with a tan and black through its long coat. Harry and Draco decided that, since no one was coming for the puppy that they would take it home. When they got home Harry only had one question.

"What are we going to name her?"

~551

----

I'll leave that up for you guys in the comments - For all of you who are wondering what breed she is, she is an Austrailian Shepherd. Her photo is up at the top.