Chapter 3 - "Hey... Draco." ✅

Harry froze as he turned around to meet the shocked, mercury eyes that the blond couldn't hide behind his signature Malfoy mask. Harry was petrified, that was the short way to put it. He wasn't ready to face the realities of the real world, him hiding away as a kitten had been amazing; he had time to wind down from all that was going on.

Harry gulped before opening his mouth, he looked like a gaping fish for a minute before he found the art of speaking again, "Hey... Draco."

Draco's face displayed an anger that wasn't usually openly seen, "Potter! What are you doing here?!" He spat the words out so harshly, almost making Harry want to revert back to his own retorts, but he couldn't and he didn't know why. Plus he was in the blond's private rooms... so yep Draco had a reason to be mad.

Harry sucked in a shallow breath, confused at what to say to the blond for the first time ever. Mentally shaking himself, he spoke, "It's kinda hard to explain, Malfoy..."

Draco's face yet again contorted into that famous sneer that someone could recognise from countries away, "Well I have time, Pottah."

Draco came into the room and sat down on his bed, quickly snatching the defence book away from Harry's hands not trusting him with anything. Harry, seeing Draco's hostility towards him which hadn't been present in the last few days quickly got off his bed. Draco seemed to be looking for something but after not finding it he turned towards Harry.

"What have you done with Smokey?!" Draco talks dangerously low as he lifts himself off the bed and starts approaching Harry, Harry visibly gulped and backed himself into a wall at which he mentally cursed himself for. Draco at this point was basically on top of Harry, he was seething.

Potter had just gotten his kitten lost and now he was going to pay! Just then Potter disappeared, Draco looked all around him not seeing were he had went. Then Draco heard a scared mewl, he looked down only to be met with the vibrant cat eyes that almost glowed. That's when he picked the kitten and placed it on his bed.

Draco sighed an irritated huff and looked like he had aged ten years, although his face softened from an incoherent anger to a calm anger which honestly scared Harry more. "Alright Potter, change back."

Smokey changed back into Harry, who was looking down at the bed sheets he was and would happily admit that he felt bad for what he had done to Draco.

"Look Draco when you found me I wasn't in the best mindset, I didn't mean to stay with you or even be found. I'm really sorry." Harry apologised only looking up at the end to meet the metallic greyish eyes with his pleading green ones.

This time it was Draco's turn to look nervous, "You still found out a lot of my secrets and the fact that I'm to join the dark lord in no less than two weeks." The Malfoy couldn't bare to look the scarily vivid green-eyed boy in the eyes. 'Potter could never possible have the mind capacity to realise the extent of his life problems, what would he know, he had never been raised as a pureblood'.

This was true, when Harry was in his cat form he had found out a huge amount of Draco's deepest, darkest secrets. This made him feel even worse. Harry then realised that he nor Draco wanted to go back to Hogwarts the following term next of the school year. He had a plan, the only thing he had to do was convince the blond...

~624