Chapter 16 - letters? ✅

"Harry, come quickly!"

Harry came running down the stairs of the cosy home that the two shared he knew that the blond was in the kitchen since he had taken to cooking breakfast since Harry had taught him how to make pancakes. "What is it, Draco?"

"Harry, you need to come here now!" Draco said, his voice sounding more desperate as he shouted the second time.

Harry could feel himself starting to panic more, Draco had always been straight to the point he never really insists on showing people what he wants to tell them. Harry sped walked into the kitchen and he could see Draco staring down at the table, not even breaking contact to say  'good morning' to his boyfriend. Harry followed Draco's eyes down to the table, two owls were sitting with letters tied around their ankle's.

Draco carefully untied the letters from the owls ankles and looked at the seal. "Hogwarts?" Harry asked, assuming it would be them, considering school was starting in a week.

Draco nodded his head and quickly incendio'd them. There would most likely be tracking spells activated once it was opened, which would not suit them well. The owls stayed for a while to gather their energy and during that time Harry made sure to nullify any tracking devices and spells before they flew back later that day.

——

Later after the owls left they slumped down on the sofa in the small living room, "That was a close one."

Draco hummed in agreement and beckoned Harry to come and sit beside him.

Harry smiled as he moved his way across the sofa and cuddled into Draco's neck. They stayed silent for a good ten minutes, enjoying the peacefulness of their surroundings.

Harry was thinking, and had been for a while, he just didn't know how to ask Draco. "Harry, What's wrong?"

The raven haired boy remained silent for a bit but before long got the thing out that was bothering him. "We aren't registered citizens here. So we're living illegally. That's they only reason no one has picked up on our illegal apparated and magic use. And we aren't in England anymore so we can't be inside their laws. I just don't know... how are we supposed to continue school?"

"Well we won't register until we're eighteen. I suppose we can homeschool ourselves and then take our NEWTs at the American Ministry of Magic. Hell. Maybe you could be better at potions."

Harry and Draco, both, let out a small laugh at the fact that Harry's potion work might get better. We silently slipped back to the comfortable silence that we had sat in before. Before Harry broke it yet again. "Have you owl'd you're mother yet?"

Draco remained silent, his eyes holding the slightest bit of regret and unshed tears. "I don't want to risk our safety."

"Draco, please write to your mother. She is no doubt very worried about you. Just let her know that you're safe, we can sent her something that's charmed so you can write back and fourth to her and you don't have to use owls."

"That's actually not too bad an idea. Thank you Harry." Draco said smiling at Harry.

Harry just snuggled into Draco's side and that's how they fell asleep.

~548