Ch. 66 - REQUIRED READING

Start from the beginning

"They couldn't have been chosen at random." Stilinski said and Blake nodded, "They had to have something in common."

"Something that made them right for this experiment."

"Something that made them special."

🎭

"My mom's book club usually has more wine." Lydia said as they all sat around the coffee table in the McCall household, looking at all the prints of the book. "Well, they also probably didn't read books that cause violent hallucinations..." Stiles said, "That's why Malia's here." Scott said.

"So none of us go running into traffic?" Kira asked and Blake nodded and shrugged slightly, "Or worse." She said and Malia nodded. "Like what happened to Judy." She said making everyone look at her confused, "Chapter fourteen."

"Maybe I should have my mother read it. She might remember a girl with a tail leaping off the ceiling and attacking everyone." Lydia said as she picked up the book and Blake chuckled, "Yeah, if it works." She said and Lydia sighed softly. "It has to." Lydia said making them look at her confused, "What does that mean?"

"I think I saw them during my surgery. When I look at the cover of the book, it's almost like..." Lydia said before trailing off slightly, "A memory trying to surface." Theo said making them all look at him while Lydia nodded. "Yeah."

"Isn't that what Valack wanted when he wrote it?" Kira asked and they all nodded, "If they did something to me, I want to know what it is." Lydia said and Blake sighed before picking up one of the copies.

"Fine, but I swear to god if this book gets me killed, I'm killing Valack for writing it."

🎭

Blake sighed softly as she turned another page. She was sitting in the dining room with Stiles and Malia with her feet up on the table and the book in her lap. Unlike everyone else she was already over half way done with the book. "What did you do to your shoulder?" Malia asked making Blake glance up to see Stiles lightly rubbing his shoulder.

"What are you talking about?" Stiles asked and Malia raised her eyebrows, "I can smell the blood. What happened?" Malia said and Stiles just sighed. "Jeep died on me again. I went to check the engine, the hood fell on it." Stiles said making Malia and Blake glance at each other, obviously not believing him but not pushing it.

Malia went back to pouring coffee while Stiles went back to reading. Neither of them noticed Blake's eyes turned white for a moment while looking at Stiles. Her eyes went back to normal and she quietly took a deep breath before looking away.

"Wait, so... How much-How much do you remember, anyway? With the accident? Did it play like a movie in your head, or was it like being completely in it again?" Stiles asked and Malia pursed her lips for a moment, "In it."

"Was it just the crash? Nothing else." Blake asked and Malia was quiet for a moment before shaking her head, "Nothing."

"This book is fucking boring." Blake mumbled making them look over at her, "How are you already almost done?" Stiles asked noticing how much she had left to read and she shrugged. "I can read a two-thousand page book in less than two hours. That's what happens when you have literally nothing to do besides sketch, read books and do school work for five years. You end up being able to reading fast."