Chapter 19

Hinata's POV

The kids are now sound asleep again. I want to thank Ushijima-san now that the kids are asleep. I went out and tried to knock at his door.

There was no response, I tried again but got the same result.

Well, maybe he's asleep already? But that was fast. Or maybe he is not in his room. I'll just extend my gratitude tomorrow.

I entered the room where the kids are and tried to sleep. I was trying different sleeping positions but I couldn't sleep at all.

I exited the room and wandered outside for a while. All the rooms are closed except for the altar, I wanted to pay my respects but you know... I'm afraid of ghosts and its night, so it's a little bit scary, maybe I can just pay my respect in the morning, where the sun shines the brightest.

I was walking aimlessly and it was so quiet at the house but suddenly I can hear a muffled voice. It came from the room and the door is slightly open. I hope its not a ghost. If you are, please, rest in peace.

I put my hands together like I was praying. I was about to go back but I slowly recognize the voice. I slowly walked near the door and peeked through the crevice. I saw Ushijima-san sitting at a single sofa and his back was facing me.

I couldn't hear him clearly but I can pick up some of the words.

It's Tendou.

He's talking with Tendou-san?

Meet.

Hmmm...

Kids.

Kids?

Hinata.

Are they also talking about me?

and the last statement, I heard it loud and clear and after that I can't process anything he said anymore, "I feel guilty at what we did back then."

They're talking about me a moments ago and now there's guilt. I analyze it and I remembered.

Who does he felt guilty with? Me?  The day I cried because of some 'bet'? He felt guilty? But he doesn't even considered my feelings before going through that bet! Now he feel guilty? I'm starting to get mad.

My mind was blank for a moment and decided to listen at him again before doing anything unnecessary.

It was silent for about... 30 seconds?

"Y-Yeah. Thank you... yeah, I love you." then he chuckled.

The rage I was starting to feel moments ago was replaced by something strange. I don't know if I'll laugh, smile, or weep.

So he loves him. He's in love with someone else. He's in love with someone who's not me. What was I expecting though? I laughed bitterly.

I felt like someone is stabbing me directly at my chest and at the same time my heart was being squeezed, hard.

I clearly remembered that he denies about being with Tendou-san but are there friends who says I love you and sounded so happy that like nobody can come in between?

I decided to walk away again.

My heart was thumping so loud that it hurts. I'm hurt again. I felt the pain again that I didn't feel this past few years. And mind you, it's from the same freakin' man.

Fuck this feeling! I tried! I really tried. I coped with it and was about to forget but yeah. Freakin' yeah. Reality is cruel.  Is this the prize for being happy for a short while? To be reminded of the sorrowful event that took place years ago? Where I was at my most vulnerable state?

I was tracking back my trails and moments later I was in the room.

My heavy feeling became a lot better when I saw my children. I smiled at there sleeping positions.

Miwato occupied half of the space while Miyouko is hugging Mitoshi and the first born has his left foot in Miyouko's legs.

I laid at the matress and I put my right hand under my head. I was thinking and thinking and thin-...

-$-

I woke up feeling heavy, when I opened my eyes, Mitoshi and seating at my stomach. Miwato was at my chest, and is seated in front of Mitoshi.

So that's why I'm feeling something heavy.

"Good morning. What is it?"

"Somebody was calling you!" Miwato said while handing me the phone.

I checked it and I have 5 missed called, it's consecutive calls from the same caller.

I dialed it and it was picked up immediately.

"Ohayo!"

"Pedro." I mumbled.

"I called you a lot of times! Why are you not picking up?"

"I was sleeping. Wait! Your Japanese is a lot better compared before!"

"Well, I decided to stay in Japan for the whole semestral break."

"Daddy who is it?"

"Why don't you say hi?" Miwato nodded, I pitted it in loud speaker before giving it to him.

"Uhm... hi?"

"Is it you... uhm... Mitoshi?"

"Pedro!" Miyouko and Mitoshi looked, their eyes went wide. Mitoshi's trying to put his ear at the other side od the phone. Miyouko was approaching us.

I heard Pedro chuckling at the other end, "By that loud voice, it's Miwato, right!"

"Yep!"

"Do you mind getting off me now Miwato and Mitoshi."

"Okay!"

They got off me and talking non-stop with Pedro. Miwato was telling him about the match, he's refusing to hand over the phone to Mitoshi.

"Miwato, give Mitoshi a chance to speak with Pedro, 'kay?"

He is pouting but he followed what I said. After Mitoshi finished talking, I asked Miyouko if he wanted to speak with him but he refused because he wants to talk to him in person and not the phone.

"Hinata, I'll update you the day I arrive. I'm going to end this call, international calls are not cheap you know." he enthusiastically said.

I laughed a littke and told him goodbye.

"Dad, I'm hungry." Miyouko said while clinging to me.

"A'ight!"

I smiled at him and my smile slowly turned to frown when I see Ushijima-san at the door holding the knob and his expression was quite... scary.

But whatever, I'm super duper mega upset with him. Yesterday's night event is still vivid. I can't even cracked a smile or greet him even if I force myself.

-$-

tbc.

-$-

I want to say thanks to  SadisticAlien who shared his/her idea or rather the event he want to happen so here it is! I'm quite embarrass cause I don't really know anything about jealousy but I hope I can pull it off at the next chapters.

Well, I want to say thank you again!