[ 29 ] Birthday Presents

*

D-day to Jongin and Kyungsoo's birthday... (Refer to Chapter 15: Household of Three)

"HA-PPY-BIRTH-DAY....TO....YOU~!"

Tooot!!!

Wearing colorful party hats on their heads, everybody claps happily after singing Happy Birthday song to the couple celebrants sitting at the center table. In the garden this afternoon is where everybody is celebrating Kyungsoo and Jongin's joint birthdays. The place is filled with vibrant party decorations, garlands, banners, and confettis; even the pool has balloons and ribbons floating on the water. It's a simple yet warm celebration which Luhan and Baekhyun especially prepared.

"Happy Birthday, Kyungsoo! Happy Birthday, Jongin!" Sehun and Luhan both scream like they're in a cheering squad, "WE LOVE YOU!"

"Bring in the cake!" Baekhyun exclaims as they finish singing. He claps at the three-tier cake's entrance.

"Make a wish," Chanyeol says, pushing in front of the couple the trolley where the birthday cake is elegantly presented. He does the job to light up the sparklers, blowing on the tip of the match afterwards, "There you go."

Kyungsoo and Jongin exchange giddy smiles, before leaning down to the giant chocolate and vanilla birthday cake. Hearing their friends count from one to three, they altogether blow out the sparklers after making a silent wish.

I wish Kyungsoo to fulfill his wishes and gain more success in his work, Jongin whispers in his mind with his eyes closed.

I wish to get married in a church with Jongin someday, Kyungsoo mentally says while smiling deep inside.

"Happy birthday, baby," Jongin mutters, pulling his husband into a bone-crushing embrace before sweetly kissing him on the lips. "I love you."

"Happy birthday," Kyungsoo greets in return while rubbing Jongin's back in the middle of their hug. "I love you, too..."

Everybody has their eyes soft and teary at the sight of Jongin and Kyungsoo affectionately greeting and hugging each other in the middle of this peaceful garden. The crisp ambiance in the air blends in with the nice weather; and Jongin couldn't be any more grateful having Kyungsoo by his side for a decade now and still counting. They were fifteen when they first met, and now they're twenty-five and here they are, still together.

"Okay, everyone. Before we eat dinner for today's celebration, we'll have to first give our birthday presents and birthday wishes to Jongin and Kyungsoo!" Baekhyun, who is the MC for their simple birthday party, announces, "So. Anyone who wants to go first?"

"I'll do the honor," Chanyeol volunteers and steps forward. He is carrying two gifts which are beautifully covered in a silver wrapper with a golden ribbon on top. Placing them on the table in front of the celebrants, everybody stares with curiosity.

Chanyeol clears his throat and smiles handsomely, preparing his brief and inspirational words of affection for the two.

"Happy birthday, Kyungsoo. Happy birthday, Jongin. I wish you both good health, prosperous life, and more blessings to come. Along with the providence of God Almighty to whom we owe our lives, I sincerely wish your relationship to grow stronger throughout the years. As part of the family, I also hope that you guys will stay longer in this household as we love each other despite our differences and flaws..."