[ 5 ] Special Gift

*

It's true that as you get older, the more you don't want to celebrate birthdays anymore. And that applies to Chanyeol right now.

Today is November 27, Chanyeol's 26th birthday, and also, a normal busy day for the celebrant. His schedule is tightly packed from morning until the afternoon with all his three-hour long lectures, faculty meetings, and an emergency conference with the university President. He is greeted by his Dad and his sister through a phone call in the middle of his break though, and he's fine with just that.

Chanyeol told everyone beforehand, especially Baekhyun, that he was not planning to hold an event or any extravagant celebration for his birthday. He also warned them not to dare surprise him nor buy him any expensive gift. He's gone past through that during his early twenties, so now that he's an adult, he likes to be more practical. Aside from all of them are busy on that day, throwing a party would be too energy-draining and costly for their budget. A simple dinner at home would be enough.

Chanyeol is in the middle of munching a kimbap and packing his things for his next lecture, when Baekhyun comes bursting to the door of his office. Yes, he has his own office now, having been promoted to Executive Director for College Relations on the day of his birthday. It's already a nice gift.

"Congratulations, Professor Chanyeol! I just wanna drop by and say that."

"Thanks."

Baekhyun smiles and faces his husband to fix his crooked necktie, telling him how he's so proud of him. Chanyeol peeks at his watch, seeing he has only ten minutes to get to the lecture hall plus the elevator ride.

"Chanyeol sunbae, at what time will you finish today?"

"Around four. Why?"

"Let's go somewhere after class and celebrate your birthday."

"Yeah. Sure."

"I'll wait for you here."

Chanyeol suddenly spanks Baekhyun's ass and gropes it, eliciting a squeal from the male. He laughs when Baekhyun purposely moans at the action.

"Baekhyun, as much as I wanted to fuck you in my new office, I'll hold myself back for now."

"Yeah. Make money for the both of us first!"

"I'll see you later."

"Mm. Bye!"

Baekhyun sighs dreamily, staring at his handsome husband's disappearing back. He sits on Chanyeol's swivel chair and turns himself around while scrolling for places on his phone.

"Let's see... Where should I take him first?"

Going over popular restaurants and famous dating spots for two hours on his phone while waiting for his husband, Baekhyun ends up taking Chanyeol to a place where they frequent to.

To the supermarket.

"I thought we were going somewhere to celebrate my birthday?" Chanyeol asks.

"Yes, but! Maybe we should drop by the grocery first to grab some stuff Kyungsoo asked me to get."

"That list he sent on the group chat?"

"Yep! Jongin forgot to buy them this morning."

"Kyungsoo was pretty mad about it."

"Right? He's been sending angry stickers my phone was beeping nonstop."

Chanyeol is pushing their grocery cart full of household necessities and food while walking at the Produce section. Baekhyun is reading the list on his phone, looking around everywhere and picking what's on his list. Right. Sehun's been craving for chicken recently so maybe he'll buy some to take home.