[ 24 ] Lost Ring

*

Baekhyun has a big problem.

"Oh my god.... Where did I put it....!?"

He has already rummaged through all of his stuff, looked through his car, searched throughout the laundry room, bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, living room, even under every furniture, basically flipping the whole mansion upside down, but to no avail.

"Shit."

He still can't find his wedding ring.

"Chanyeol sunbae's gonna kill me..."

Baekhyun slumps himself on the floor in complete devastation, burying his face into his palms. Leaning against the washing machine, he tries his best remembering when and where was the last time he took his wedding ring off and why. Was it yesterday at school when he was washing his hands? Or did he put it inside his pocket and drop it accidentally?

"Oh, no... I can't remember..."

Aside from the fact that he's clumsy, he's also forgetful about things but this one just clearly made him so disappointed in himself. He takes utmost care of his precious wedding ring, not taking it off unless necessary. So it's really maddening that he lost a very important thing that symbolizes his love for Chanyeol. The cost is another story; just by thinking about the price of the expensive 10-carat diamond plus the 18-carat gold is enough to make him faint (approximately 2.9 million USD).

"Argh! I'm such an idiot! Why did I even lose something so important!?"

Thinking about it again, Baekhyun just woke up this morning and found out that he wasn't already wearing his ring. He even thought he was dreaming though, not seeing the gold band that is supposed to be worn on his ring finger. The amount of panic and anxiety it brought him as soon as he realized his wedding ring was gone is massive. Good thing (or not) Chanyeol didn't notice it when they showered together. He definitely needs to find it as soon as possible before his husband finds out he has lost his ring.

So for now, he'll just settle with this.

"If I didn't find it today, I'd just have to tell him the truth," Baekhyun mutters to himself, taping a bandaid with strawberry design around his ring finger as a substitute, "I'm sorry, Chanyeol sunbae..."

With a frown on his mouth, he raises his left hand in the air and stares at it. It feels and looks totally different without his wedding ring on. It's as if his marriage is robbed away from him.

"Baekhyun?"

A soft knock on the door surprises Baekhyun, causing him to violently jump on his feet with exaggeration. Seriously, he needs to get his shit together and act normal no matter how guilty, frustrated, mad, and heartbroken he is.

"Are you done with the laundry?"

Baekhyun clears his throat before he answers:

"Y-yes, Chanyeol sunbae!"

"Why'd you lock the door? Come on, let me in."

Like a robot, Baekhyun marches towards the door and opens it with his right hand while hiding his left hand behind his back so obviously. Fidgeting nervously and not meeting his husband's eyes, he recites to himself like a mantra: Act normal, act normal, act normal, act normal.