[ 34 ] Closure and Closer

*

There are literal bright sparkles and shining beams on the dining table where the dinner is beautifully served. Proudly grinning and giving himself a nice pat on the back, Sehun wipes the sweat off his forehead after untying the ribbon of his apron. He smiles and claps his hands, feeling delighted by his creation.

"Bon Appétit!"

Looking at the full course meal as if it was ordered in a five-star restaurant, Sehun has realized just now that he might have overdone it a little bit. Why is the steak perfectly cooked medium rare anyway? Are the dumplings too delicious? And what is a bottle of red wine doing here? Where did those red roses come from?! Is this a homecooked romantic dinner for two?!

"Haha, was this too much...?"

Recap to the previous happenings, everybody in the Park household is away to attend their own business. Kyungsoo, Luhan, and Baekhyun are at the beach with Vivi for the dog lovers' gathering. Meanwhile, Jongin went back to his hometown to visit his sister's family. So that leaves Chanyeol and Sehun at home, just the two of them alone. It was kind of agreed that Sehun would prepare their dinner which he might have gone a bit overboard. He'll just take out those flowers and wine and they're good to go. Now it's time to pick Chanyeol up from his room like the VIP that he is. This might actually be the first time they're sharing a meal. Hope it won't get too much awkward.

"So... How was it?"

After Chanyeol takes his second bite, Sehun is expectantly waiting for the review as if Chanyeol was a critique. His eyes are probably wide and shimmering as he watches Chanyeol munch his food. No, he's not sweating buckets here. Of course, he's confident about his cooking skills. He's sure Chanyeol would love the dinner he prepared from the bottom of his heart--top of his heart--or whatever.

"It's good."

Sehun's expression lights up.

"Really?"

"Yeah. I almost thought this was cooked by Kyungsoo," Chanyeol answers honestly, looking at Sehun at the other side of the table across from him, "This is delicious. You could be a chef."

That was a compliment, right? Sehun asks himself, feeling honestly happy and flattered he might be blushing right now. It is indeed, that the fastest way to the man's heart is through his stomach.

"Enjoy your meal."

"You, too."

They eat dinner in peace; Chanyeol once in a while glancing at Sehun as they partake in the food, meanwhile Sehun meeting Chanyeol's eyes halfway. When they'd catch each other peeking, one would either look away or drink water.

What kind of atmosphere is this? It's still awkward. The silence is too heavy. The only noise that can be heard between them are faint chewing noises and clanking of silverware against the plates, accompanied by the ticking of the wall clock and the buzzing of the vacuum robot on the floor.

Sehun isn't easily disturbed by things, but this damn situation is making him lose his mind. It's too quiet that it's almost unbearable. What is Chanyeol thinking right now? Why isn't he striking a conversation? Is he bored? Is the food not actually delicious?

Or... is this all just a hallucination? That Chanyeol is not here all along?

Sehun breathes, clenching his fists, looking directly at the man feasting in front of him.

Come on, Park Chanyeol. Say something! Anything!

"FUCK! I CAN'T TAKE THIS ANYMORE!"

...is what Sehun wanted to say, but he ends up blurting this instead: