"He...scared it off?"

Once the Menos Grande had gone back, the rest of the remaining Hollows did as well. However, the crack remained. Ichigo shouts excitingly.

 Ichigo shouts excitingly

"Victory!"

Turning toward Uryu, Ichigo grins.

"Hey!"

"Kurosaki?"

"Just Ichigo. Are you going to thank me for this or what?"

"What?"

"I helped you out here. You should thank...me..."

"Ichigo?!"

Ichigo had collapsed to the ground. Worried, Uryu rushes to his side.

"What are you doing? This is not funny!"

"Ah...? What the...hell? I can't move..."

Ichigo's sword, which he's still holding, began to bend and twist, losing it's shape. Suddenly, a bright light engulfed his entire body. It was shooting up towards the sky.

"W-What's happening?"

"Ichigo!"

Uryu steps into the light to only get his arm cut badly.

I don't understand what's going on, but... Please, Uryu...help him.

Ignoring the pain, Uryu stands next to Ichigo as his body continued to keep getting cut up. Raising his bow upwards, he begins shooting arrows out.

 Raising his bow upwards, he begins shooting arrows out

"What... What are you doing?" my brother questions him.

"Shut up!"

"I...I know what you want to do, but don't over do it! You might-"

"I said shut up! I told you already! I hate soul reapers! But, didn't you say so too! If we don't live, then we won't be able to fight anymore! Want me to thank you? Don't even joke about it. You better live...so I can beat you!"

Uryu's arm was taking a lot of damage as he keep going. This scene continued for a bit until Uryu finished. Falling to his knees, weak, he looks up towards the sky. A sad expression was shown on his face.

...I wonder what he's thinking right now.

I don't know why, but I get a feeling. My head turns towards Rukia. She was mumbling as she thought hard, however, I could still hear her.

"A Menos Grande appeared... Then got defeated... This news will sure reach the Soul Society."

The Soul Society? If that's true, I wonder what will happen next.

"Come on you two." Tessai ordered as he and the kids rush pass Kisuke and I.

"I'll leave that crack in the sky to you." Kisuke smiles.

"No problem!" Tessai replies.

~~~~Time Skip~~~~

It's night and everyone had gone home long before now. Ichigo was resting in his bed while I, sat in a chair next to him, tending his wounds.

"Let me know if this hurts."

"You're fine."

"...Okay."

I finish patching up his last wound.

"Thanks, but shouldn't you be taking it easy. Mr. Hat and Clogs told me you were attacked by some Hollows."

"I'm fine, the pain is long gone by now. I'm just glad you're okay."

Ichigo sends me a smile.

"Of course. If I got killed, I know how much that would hurt you, and our family... But you would take my death more personally."

"...Reading me like a book, huh?" I show a small smile myself.

"No. I just know because I'm your older brother."

...I simply wrap my arms around him in a hug.

"...You okay?"

"Silence."

"..."

I feel his arms hold me close to him.