House guests

Chapter 5

Emily's point of view

The house was oddly quite, the only sound that I could hear was the soft snores filtering through the open doors of Alex's and Ben's rooms.

My mind wouldn't stop wondering back to how Alex's touch, it sent this tingle through my bones, he gazed upon me with such interest in his bright blue eyes. It took my breath away, I've never been looked at like that before.

His eyes are a brighter blue then the ocean with splashes of yellow around the iris. Amazing really.

His hair is like golden silk, it appears softer than feathers as he pushed his fingers through it. Now I'm just being a little creepy.

I Stand by the front window of the house and watch the sun slowly rise over the trees.

Pink strands of color dance across the sky as the bright yellow of the sun shines through the clouds and lays across the ground waking up the birds. The light slips through the trees like a golden snake.

After a while I'm brought back by the soft click of someone doors, the door groans as if under a great struggle.

I turn slightly around, Alex's sleepy face stares at me with partly open eyes. His mouth parts a little then he shuts it just as quickly.

He grunts softly and walks  towards the kitchen with his fingers imbedded in hair. The floor boards creak under his weight as I hear the cabinet doors begin to open. Rattling of bowls drifts my way as I stare through the empty  doorway. My feet glued to the carpet.

I breath deeply through my nose. "Would you like something to eat." I say to him as I follow behind closely.

He stops suddenly and I sagger back as I almost smash right into his very back. The muscles on his bald tense slightly, he steps forward. I let a sigh leave my mouth and his head turns to the side a little making his blond hair fall in front of his eyes.

He turns around and looks me straight in the eye with an expression on his face that I cannot read so I just stare right back. In between his eyebrows crease slightly as he towers over me, the print of a frown paints his face with colors of red and cool blues.

His hand moves away from his side and raise up close to my face. It hover close to my face, heat ambushes my skin like a wave of fire. His hand touches my cheek ever so softly as if touching the edge of a flower.

I look up to see his face covered with a small smile, so small I would have missed it if I hadn't been watching. I close my eyes, darkness clouds my vision and let my head drop slightly. Hair tickles my neck with soft butterfly kisses.

All of a sudden I feel the warmth leave my face, cool air attacks the spot as if in a war. I look up and find a scowling face, slits for eyes. I look away suddenly not wanting to catch his gaze. Burning embarrassment fills my chest.

He moves away suddenly and sits down at the wooden table with a massive frown on his  face. "I would like some coffee." He replies with a gruff voice.

I go over to the small coffee machine and pour in the grounds. Pressing start I glance over my shoulder, Alex sit hunched over the table, his head turned to the side watching me, a newspaper quickly flys up like a bird when he realizes I've caught him.

The warm smell of hot coffee fills the air as it brews quite loudly to my side.

"Good morning." The sound of Ben voice dances through the air as I pour the cups of coffee for Alex and myself.

I glance over at Ben and smile. "Good morning Ben. I take it you slept nicely last night." He smiles and nods his head before sitting in one of the wooden chairs around he table. His fingers quickly tap with a silent rhythm.