Freak show

(So happy about this cover)(please tell me what you think)(took me forever to make)

Chapter 26

The road was long and extremely boring so I decided to take a nap in the backseat, my back pressed against the seat. I asked Vance if he could remove the buckles, at first he was not so share but thankfully he agreed and took them straight off.

His wife must have never told him about the effects of silver on the skin of an Angel, it burns like hell, literally.

Every bump makes me lurch forward and almost hit the chair in front of me but I always put my hand before me to stop myself from face planting.

The light that once squeezed through the gaps is now completely gone because of the abstinence of the sun. The car ride almost completely silent as I only hear fragments their conversation.

My hands forming little balls as a dream dances behind closed eyes. Like fingers swiping over my view I feel a shiver slide quickly down my back.

His face pops into my view as I feel my whole body freeze, his hand wrapped so tightly around my upper arm it feels as if it will fall off. Chairs broken and tipped over covering the floor as dust is blown by the wind.

A thin layer of red blood splattered across the once white walls, the pillars being pulled away from their places, the sound of them hits the floor like guns going off. The feeling vibrating though the floor as fear fills my thoughts and body.

The feeling of a persons hand grabbing my hair as a started scream rips from my throat.

Gasping suddenly I look up at the cars roof looming above me. Gripping my chest I let out a very shaky breath, the cold night air brushing over my exposed arms.

The shirt I wear sticks uncomfortably to my skin, the horrid fear of that dream replying in my mind.

The fresh air flowing through my lungs as I try to lift the tightness in my chest. My heart pumps vigorously and fright feels like my old companion.

Sitting up I look out the front window only to find desert spreading out for miles around us and car. Vance, whose glasses are perched up high upon his nose, has his eyes darting quickly from one side of the road to the other like a automatic toy.

Ugly looking green cactuses stick out from the ground and spread for miles until they reach the mountain that are so far they only look like little bumps in the earth.

Alex on the other hand has his eyes firmly rested in front of him, a determined looking expression plaster on his face. His soft pink lips straight and stiff. His fingers tap lightly on the dash board every many seconds.

The moon shines brightly above as thoughts of Ova filter through my mind, she most be up and waiting for my death. A prize she may not be able to give but one she will take the joy in watching.

The bond between us to great to be split by one another but if one of us dies by other hand she or I will not be affected by the death only feel a slight break from the bond, like a rubber band being pulled apart.

Her threat still lingering in my mind, like a little warning that pops up from time to time. The stares brighten the sky with beautiful white fairy lights, the big dipper glowing far away in the space.

Tumbleweeds roll slowly across the road as a gentle wind blows them across the earth.

Then like a burst of a rainbow, different colored lights cover the horizon like a stainglass window. "Wow." Is the only word that leaves my mouth as the lights come closer.