Who?

Chapter 16

Jolting awake as something hard hits the front window I stare at a crazy looking squirrel madly scratching the glass with it small finger nails.

Its small black nose scrunched up as its eyes scan the area.

It black little pea eyes gazing at me with a weird expression. I start to laugh as it rolls off the side and hits the ground.

Turning my head I watch as it twitches on the ground for a second before jumping onto its feet and runs away with its large brown tail swishing behind it.

I roll my neck and my eyes land on Alexs still stiff body. His head drops forward as the glasses I had put on falling down the bridge of his nose.

His hands lay limply by his sides and the blond hair that falls over his face hangs down covering his eyebrows. His cheeks lack color and so does his lips.

Slowly picking up his finger it falls down hitting the cup holder. I clench my teeth as I look at his body; pain fills my chest as I remember the events from last night.

Her black hair, long slender fingers, and those black eyes all flash with vivid colors and pictures.

The why the moon was shining over as blood was spilled.

I lean back in my seat and grip the leather making nail marks as sobs rack my body.

Tears stream down my face, socking the top of my shirt. I feel my chest tighten as I bring my head to my kneels and let out a shaky breath.

The guilt slides in and I feel myself feel weak and powerless. Straightening up I take one last glance at his face before retrieving the keys out of the cup holder.

Cracking the window I take a breath of fresh air and plunge the key into the little black whole.

The sun shines brightly overhead as different animals runs around in the crisp morning breeze.

Tension sits on my shoulders as I try to remember how to use the different colored buttons and knobs littering the front of the car.

I slowly run my fingers over a knob that feels slightly familiar. Pressing down loud bass drums through the car making me scream in suprise.

It's so loud it could wake the dead.

I pause and take a quick peak over to Alex and still see his stiff cold body. Cursing under my breath I turn the little fake silver key as the engine roars to live.

Hitting the steering wheel with my head a couple of times I pull back the stick and put it into drive.

The car moves slightly forward as I press lightly on the gas and with one sudden jerk the car starts to run smoothly with a quite hum in the background.

My mind wonders as the car drives forward. Then my mind flickers to Ben.

I will have to go to their house and tell Ben that he is dead, cold, and stiff. Alex never did tell me why he was staying in some random persons house in the middle of the woods.... Alone.

Oh god Ben will be devastated.

Sadly I will never get the answer to that question because he is dead.

Bitter thoughts start to fill my mind as I slam my foot on the brake. Taking my deep breaths I lean my forehead on the stirring wheel.

My heart thumps rapidly inside of my chest as my mind is a jumble of useless words that do not make sense.

Pain is my friends, my sibling, and my cousin as I feel my stomach squeeze into a tight knot.

Picking my head up and wiping away a few stray tears I press my palm against the warm leather of the steering wheel and watch as a bird swoops down and sit so top of the car.