Heartbreak

Chapter 20

The water still dripping down my face as Alex pulls up a clean pair of jeans from the ratty little duffle bag. His eyes look still a little hard but his lips are pulled up into a cute little smile that warms my heart.

His fingers roam through the bag looking for cloths for me. Different colored shirts appearing every so often almost like a scattered rainbow.

"How about that pink one." I say as his head never lifts as he picks the pink shirt up slowly looking at it for a second. His head rises to look at me and then his head lowers as he shakes his head.

Blond strands of hair jumping away from his head.

"No. Doesn't go with your eyes." He then lifts up a light blue shirt and throws it at me. It hits me in the chest.

Looking at it I raise an eyebrow. "So this one matches." I feel myself let a small smile break out upon my face as he chuckles softly, his beautiful blue eyes land on mine.

"Well I guess not, but I like the color." This time a soft laugh leaves my mouth and I feel my happiness raise at his joyful mood.

His smile is contagious as a grin appears on my face. My undergarments have dried so I just slip on the shirt and pull on a pair of pants that hit my feet shortly after the top had.

Sunshine breaks through the tree cover and casts shadows among the ground as birds glide high up in the sky. Their little beaks opening to make a sweet sound that flitter through the air.

The sweet smell of flowers on apple trees and different species of fruit trees.

His cheeks flush with a bright pink color as his pulls on a shirt and some lose sweatpants that hang dangerously low on his waist. A smile tugs on my lips at the sight.

The zipping of the bag pulls me out of my slightly naughtily thoughts. A knowing smile appears on his face as I try to cover my embarrassment. The heat in my cheeks burns as he just grins and wiggles his eyebrows in my direction.

"Are you perving on me." He chuckles as pure horror fills my features.

"N...no!" I stutter out as he rolls his eyes slightly at my sorry attempt to cover up my sexual thoughts.

My palms go sweaty as I turn my head away from his gorgeous eyes that seem to cut into my soul.

I hear him stand and toss the duffle bag over his shoulder making the objects inside clank together; making lots of odd noises.

"Come on then." His voice bounces off the trees making a playful grin expand onto my face. I turn in the direction of his voice to find him perched on the side of a lonely tree with long branches that almost touch the forest floor.

Advancing towards him I feel the wind pick up and brush the hair off my shoulder. Alex smiles and turns around to lead the way to the unknown destination or should I say the destination I do not know.

The sound of crunching leaves under my feet makes me turn my head down to peer at the ground. Beautiful flowers spring from the soft dirt that covers the forest floor, nature is a wonderful thing.

My still bare feet feel the tickle from the small and tiny strands of green grass that poke out from the soft soil.

The woodsy smell fills my nostrils as I take a deep breath of fresh afternoon air. The morning air lifts away as the sun shines brightly from the bright blue sky.

The steady beat of my heart drums softly in my ears as Alex keeps a fast pace in front of me. My heart; the one of the only organs that keeps me alive and that is connected to the thought of love; but I believe love is all controlled by the brain.