Beauty

Chapter 11

Peeling my eyes open slowly I find light streaming in through a opened window.

Grumbling slightly I pull my sleepy body from the bed and stretch out my back. With a loud pop I let out a relieved sigh.

Quite sound come from behind my closed door. Taking a quick glance around I find a pair of leggings and a plain blue shirt laid out on a wooden chair.

Taking a shaky step away from the bed I gingerly pick up the cloths; assuming their for me.

Pulling them on slowly I feel a slight discomfort in my shoulder. Biting my lips I pull he shirt over my head.

Opening the door calmly I take a glimpse around and find Zula and Lauren eating calmly at the table.

As they hear me approach both of them snap their heads up quickly; a smile gracing their lips. "Morning Emily." I nod and take a seat at the table.

Their stares starting to make me uncomfortable; Lauren places a piece of toast before me with a soft smile on her lips.

I return the smile before taking a hesitant bite. Zula gives me a curious gaze before returning to her breakfast.

Finishing my breakfast I feel a slight pang of something in my chest and glance quickly out of the window. "Is something wrong dear." For a few second I just keep my gaze firmly on the window. "No.. I don't think so."

She gives me a curious stare. "Are you missing someone?" She asks with the slightest bit of interest.

"I don't know really." I say quietly, taking another glance towards the window and finding soft green trees.

I glance down at the white scar that travels up my arm. My mark showing clearly at the base of my wrist. I sigh and sit back in my chair.

"Well dear it doesn't look like you don't know. With that look and all." I snap my head up and find her staring directly at me along with Zula.

"What do you mean look." She shrugs and Zula smiles slightly.

Zula speaks up quickly. "You have this love struck kind of way about you. Like you want something but can't have it." I look away as the realization sets in.

I do want something but...I can't have it...

It's him.

Alex..

"It's a long story.." I sigh and they nod their heads in unison. "Well if you have strong feeling for this boy. I think you should go find him." She gives me a slight shrug of her shoulders and take a small bite of a piece of slightly burned toast.

I sigh as I feel their stares burn deep into my head. Should I go find him?

He pretty much said go. I could easily leave and never look back but the thing is I will still be forever under his control if I just leave.

The nagging feeling will always be there telling me to return to him as if he owns me.

I sit there as thoughts run through my head.

I feel Lauren go behind me quickly and start to slowly braid my hair. "Dear if the look on your face tells me something, it's that you really feel something for this person and I think you should go for it." I do not say anything back and sit quietly as my hair is moved into sections of a long brown braid.

After a while I feel Lauren tie the bottom of my hair. Zula comes. "Will you come outside with me to find berries." She smiles and a happy glint shines in her eyes.