Promises

(Picture made by me)(please don't steal it)(thanks)

Chapter 12

Sitting on the porch with the wind blowing cold gusts of air. I keep my gaze steady as the sun finally reaches over the mountains; touching the earth in front of my bare feet.

The quite sound of feet bringing me out of my daze as Lauren sits down quietly beside me with a soft look on her face.

"I understand what you have chosen. Your a wonderful person Emily don't let anyone change your mind." I nod slowly as a simple smile spreads across her face.

"If you ever need somewhere to stay or lay low. This place will forever be open. I promise." She grasps my hand and gives it a little squeeze. I smile at the gentle gesture.

Wind slowly blows over us as the birds sing a sweet melody to the new sun that shines brightly in the distance.

"I believe or should I say I hope I've made the right choice." She lets go of my hand and places them in her lap.

"Follow your heart. It should guide you and if not listen to it. It may tell you. If doesn't do either do what you believe in." A gentle smile is plastered on her face.

A baby bunny hops out from a bush, it's little ears picking up are breathing before with great speed hopping back in.

"Love makes you strong, never weak." I nod, moving my body slightly I stare at her face and whisper. "Thank you." She nods.

"Of course."

Standing up Zula comes out from the house with a sleepy gaze in her eyes. "What's going on out here." She says quietly as she rubs her eyes with the back of her hands.

"Emily's leaving." Lauren says sadly as Zulas eyes widen slightly.

"No you can't leave." She looks shattered and it pulls on my heart strings. Making me sad but I put a happy smile on anyways.

"I promise that I will visit." I move closer and she looks totally heartbroken. "Just for you." She smiles sadly.

Her body smashes into mine and she holds on tight. "Promise." I chuckle and clutch her tightly to my body.

"Promise." I says quietly.

"Good because I don't like to be let down." I nod as she pulls away with a sad expression.

I glance down at my outfit. "I'm still wearing your cloths." Lauren chuckles as a confused expression crosses over my face.

"Oh it's alright dear keep them. I don't think you'll want your old cloths back." She chuckles softly and smile.

The memory of them being covered in my own blood flashes in my mind.

She comes over to hug me tightly and places a soft kiss on the side of my cheek. "I'll see you soon, I promised." A tear rolls down her face.

"You better keep that promise." She steps back and takes Zula in her arms. They both give me a sad smile that kicks me right in the gut a little.

A return a weak smile before I shake out my back and let my wings spread out behind me.

Giving them one last wave I shot up into the sky and feel the wind run through my hair, symbolizing my freedom. The coolness spreading over my body making me smile in pure bliss.

When freedom rings. I answer.

Trees spread out below me as a river winds its way through the curving valley. My wings catch the wind as I glide above everything.