Alone

Chapter 19

•Emily's point of view•

Peeling my eyes open slowly the first thing my eyes lay upon is the wet dirt in globs sitting in front of me.

Cold morning air slithers across my skin as a over sized jacket fall from my arms. Grass tickles my feet as I wiggle my toes slowly and stretch out my back.

A pop can be heard; rolling my neck I pick out a few stick and leaves that have collected in my messy hair.

The ends of my hair feel stiff and dry as my fingers slowly run through it. The bag lays open and slightly leaning to the side as the jacket falls away from my waist.

The musky smell of Alex's clone reaches my nose as I delicately raise the jacket to my nostrils.

A thin layer of dirt covers my fingers as I drop the jacket to the ground. Standing slowly I smooth my wrinkled shirt and glance around the open patch of land.

Puckering my lips slightly I find no evidence of Alex anywhere other then the partly opened duffle bag.

The sun beats down on me but today the air feels cool. Pulling down the sleeve of my shirt to cover the mark that itches sometimes I walk slowly to the fresh smell of a lake.

The sound of birds grace my ears as my fingers wrap around branches and other greenery that hangs from the ceiling of the forest.

Leaves fall slowly from the trees and collect at the forest floor; making little homes for little creatures.

My bare feet touch the soft soil of the earth as my feet glide over rocks and other sharp objects that puncture the earths crust.

Pretty little flowers turn their heads to the morning sun.

The view of a beautiful lake before me is amazing as I remove the last of the long green vines that only twits their way back to their position over I walk through.

My bare feet touch the moist soil that surrounds the lake gingerly before dipping a toe into the cool water.

My eyes scan over the area. Movement to my right stops me and my eyes glance at the figure sitting very stiff at the waters edge.

His face is void of emotion as I take in the golden locks that have grown a few inches since we left the house a little over a week and a half ago. Give or take a few days.

The water laps at his bare feet as his knees touch his chest. His eyes are closed as his hand grasp each other.

His shoes lay untied by his side.

His face look peaceful but his body gives me a whole other vibe.

His back is tense as his chest rises ever so often with his steady breathing. His eyes open slowly as the piercing blue of his irises reflect the light that bounces off from the crystal clear lake.

Birds touch the surface sending ripples across the mirror like surface.

Alex face can be seen resting on the surface of the lake his face moves with the new found disturbance.

Then his eye lift from the icy blue of the water and turn to me. Sadness is sitting at he surface of those sky like eyes as they scan over my stuff body.

A sound passes his lips as he stays completely still. A watch him with the same hesitant look I did yesterday.

His eyes move away from mine as nothing leaves his lips not even a simple question just the empty space between us.