Ch.24 Substitute Soul Reaper vs. Quincy

Start from the beginning

I wish I could see it though.

"Something that compresses and visualizes the spiritual auras in the atmosphere. Only high level soul reapers can visualize then and touch them. As one yourself, you should of heard of that. However-"

Lunging forward, Uryu stops and grabs the air right in Ichigo's face. He holds it tight as if he grabbed something.

"Did you know? A soul reapers ribbon is a different color

"Did you know? A soul reapers ribbon is a different color. It's red."

Continuing, Uryu let's the air go as he backs away from Ichigo's face.

"I'm a Quincy. One who holds the power to kill Hollows. So...won't you fight me, Kurosaki? A battle between a soul reaper and a Quincy. Which will surpass the other I wonder."

He's going to fight Ichigo?

"I'll make you understand, that soul reapers are unnecessary in this world."

"...A fight?...Between you and I?"

"That's right."

"That...is ridiculous!"

"What did you say?"

"Me, compete against you? Why do I have to do that? It sounds stupid! Besides, my sister might get caught in the middle and get seriously injured."

"If she gets injured, that would be your fault, not mine."

"What was that?!"

"So...you're going to run away then?"

"I won't be provoked! Besides, I have nothing to do with your grudge with soul reapers."

"I see... You're a soul reaper whose power was granted to you by Kuchiki. Without her permission, you can't even move a finger."

"What'd you say?"

Oh, Ichigo...

"Let's give this competition thing a shot."

He reaches into his shirt pocket and pulls out a green pill.

Kon? ...Now that I think of it, he didn't try to break into my room this morning. Ichigo must have been carrying him around.

Popping the mod soul into his mouth, Ichigo leaves his body to Kon.

"Kon. Stay out of the way and keep Emiko safe."

"Right. Anything for my divine goddess-"

I punch Kon right in the gut, causing him to fall to the floor, crying.

"I told you to stop with the nicknames."

"Y-Yes... Miss...K-Kurosaki..."

"Better."

"Knock it off, will ya? You two watch as I pound this guy through the floor!"

"...Arrogant people usually don't do well."

"Shut up, Emiko!"

"She's right, you know." Kon agrees with me, standing up.

"Whatever! Now hurry up and explain the rules of this fight!" Ichigo addresses Uryu.

Holding something up, he responses.

"We'll begin the battle with this."

"What's that?"

"Hollow bait. If I crush this, then Hollows will gather in this town."

Wait. He can't do that.

"The one who defeats the most of the Hollows within 24 hours wins. How about that? You understand the rules?"

"Are you serious?" I question him.

"Quit screwing around!" my brother yells. "Are you trying to expose people in this town to danger for the sake of our fight?!"

"Worrying about other people is unnecessary! I will kill the gathered Hollows without leaving a single survivor! You as well...if you have the confidence to protect people from them. You should be able to take on this challenge."

Done with us, he crushes the bait.