8. Ties that bind

Emerald green eyes watched as Ino met up with two boys she had never seen before. Sakura had been wondering where Ino went every morning before classes began and today, she was determined to find out.

The boys, she had never seen them before. One had black pineapple shaped hair and a lazy demeanor while the other was chubby and always munching something. Sakura followed them to the elementary building. They seemed to be looking for somebody and the pinkette wondered who.

"Eh? He isn't here." Ino spoke once they checked a class and did not find whoever they were looking for. The lazy guy she was with simply yawned while the chubby one spoke up in concern.

"I hope he is not hurt." He said.

'Who are they talking about?' Sakura wondered. She was startled when a figure suddenly popped into her vision, obscuring her view of Ino and the boys. Looking down at the elementary boy that startled her, she saw that it was a brunette with big green eyes smiling at her.

"Konichinwa gaki, who are you?" Sakura asked, kneeling to his level but the boy only got excited and started dancing around her.

"♪ kon kon kon, it's snowing kon kon kon! Kon kon kon, it's snowing kon kon kon!" He sang blissfully as he spun around her in circles. Yota liked this pretty lady, her hair was like ice cream!

"Yota!" Sakura heard Ino's scream and footfalls.

"Ino!" The boy named Yota squealed in delight and ran to her. "Ino, Shikamaru, Choji, pretty pretty!" He jumped excitedly as he pointed to a gaping Sakura.

"Oh, Sakura!" Ino exclaimed upon seeing her best friend standing there.

"I-Ino! Who is he?" Sakura asked.

"Oh, this is Yota. Yota meet Sakura." Ino introduced. She also introduced Shikamaru and Choji to Sakura and from there they became friends.

The four highschool freshmen met up each day with treats for Yota. Something about the small boy was relaxing and made them want to be together. It was lunch break when Sakura found Yota in the first year building.

"Yota?" The pinkette questioned herself. He was not supposed to be in this building for the elementary building was at the other end of the school. "Yota!" She called to the boy who was looking lost and overwhelmed by the presence of so many people.

"Sakura! Pretty, pretty!" Yota exclaimed with a big smile, making heads turn and Sakura blush. She went over to the boy and knelt down to his level.

"Hello Yota, what brings you here?" Green eyes zeroed in on a bruise on Yota's cheek and pink eyebrows met. "Who did this to you?" She asked.

"Sakura! Where were you? I have been...Yota?" Ino stopped upon seeing the autistic boy with her best friend.

"Ino!" Yota cheered with a smile but Ino wasn't fooled. She was protective over this young boy as though he were her little brother so she had come to read his expressions fairly easily.

"Yota, who did this to you?" Ino asked, kneeling down beside Sakura and gently caressing his bruise.

Both girls paid no attention to the gazes that were sent their way as they interrogated the boy. "Fuu fuu, big boy! Big boy! Fuu!" Yota explained but the girls weren't getting it.

"Fuu?" Sakura asked confusedly.

"Fuu fuu!" Yota repeated while pursing his lips. Ino shared a puzzled glance with Sakura and they both stared back at Yota. The boy in question suddenly pointed at something behind the two girls and exclaimed. "Fuu!"