41. Bombs and lies

Naruto's expression in that meme is just so priceless 😂😂😂. Mirrored mine. I was like wtf?! 46 bowls?! How many stomachs?! Is she a freaking ruminant?!

***

Two knocks was all it took to get Deidara to open the door of his rooftop apartment. His blond head peeked outside the small apartment to see who the hell was there.

"Deidara-senpai!" Tobi greeted with a two-hand wave which Deidara stared blankly at. Number one, why was Tobi at his house? Number two, how did Tobi know his house? Number three, what was Tobi doing at his house?! "I want to see Senpai's collection!" The dark haired one answered the unspoken words.

Oh.

Oh! How could he forget? He gained a fan! "Right un, come in." Deidara let the door open wider for Tobi to enter. The Uchiha looked around the small place with awe...how could a place be so small?! "Forgive me if my whole apartment is the size of your bathroom, un. Some people in the world are - yeah- are actually paupers un."

The sarcastic words alerted Tobi that he must've spoken his thoughts aloud, still he grinned under his orange mask and did a mocking salute. "Sir yes sir!" Even if Deidara was mad, Tobi was just too aloof to stay mad at– that's just giving yourself a headache – so he chose to lead him to his room instead.

"Welcome to Deidara's super art gallery, un." The blond said as they both entered the room.

"Wah!" Tobi childishly gasped but it was effective in stroking Deidara's ego because the blond was smiling smugly to himself. Inside the room lay many miniature creatures ranging from insects to dragons.

Deidara showed Tobi to a cluster of clay insects that were on a table top. "These are what I call C1, hmm." He curated.

"Are these explosive?" Tobi asked.

"Yeah, un." Deidara answered enthusiastically and Tobi shifted back as if the stuff would blow up right at the moment. "I sleep with them everyday hmm- Itachi is a jerk- they're not going to explo- shut up- explode now."

Even if Tobi didn't fully understand the blond's words, he got the gist and eased up. "So these are duds?" He asked instead.

"Not duds, un! They're more like fire crackers yeah. You have to light them up before they explode hmm." Deidara explained.

"Oooh. Who in their right senses sell explosives to you?!" Tobi questioned curiously. His friend stared at him weirdly for a moment or two and then shook his head and continued his showcasing. What was that about?

Deidara on the other hand decided not to point out that Tobi's attitude had somehow changed again from his childish one to a more serious one and showed him the next category of his art. "These are the C2, un."

The C2s were mostly birds ranging from the size of coconuts to the size of a fist. These were the ones Tobi often found the blond moulding in school. "Are these explosive too?" The raven asked.

"Yeah. I used the technology used in making grenades for this hmm. See the beak, yeah? That's equivalent to the pin on a grenade yeah." Deidara proudly noted, never minding the look of horror that crossed Tobi's face at his explanation.

"So you sleep with volatile materials that could blow up randomly...you're weird!"

"I am not, un!" Deidara huffed. At a corner in the small room lay a clay dragon statue. It wasn't too big or too small, just a medium sized thing. "This is my C3 dragon un. I would create more -yeah- if I had more space."

"Is this also explosive?" Tobi asked as he cautiously touched the dragon. It was beautiful.

"Yeah un. Coated it with nitroglycerin." The raven froze at his words.