42. Dance battle

Today was the day of the first round of the dance battle. Every member of the EsDee were as nervous as they were excited for what seemed to be a popular annual dance competition among the locals.

They all drove to the destination in the Inuzukas' minivan because Sasuke's car would stick out like a sore thumb.

"I like your generous spirit brother, but if you don't want a dick to be painted on your Nissan 3000-whatever you call that luxurious shit, it's best not to rub the difference in your financial status in the locals' faces."

Was what Tenten had told him when he volunteered to surrender his car to get to the destination so Kiba begged his mother to lend him the minivan. Now Sasuke was stuck in a van that smelled like animals. Great.

"Aww come on Sas-cake, it's not that bad." Naruto nudged the raven with his elbow.

"It's worse that I am sitting beside you. And do you have a license, Tenten?!" Sasuke asked the girl in the driver's seat. He didn't have his own license but he had a driver that could drive SAFER than what Tenten was putting them through.

"I'm seventeen! I've got my junior driver's license...after failing five times." That assurance only served to make even Shino panicked because Tenten just made a sharp turn that had his face colliding with the glass.

"Shit! You're old! What are you doing with us first years?!" Kiba was at the passenger seat at the front and was clinging on to the dashboard for dear life. He should have asked Hana (his sister) to drive them!

"Repeated a grade." Tenten proudly announced.

"That's cool!" Naruto yelled.

"I know, right?" Tenten grinned as if repeating grades was anything to be proud of.

"RED LIGHT!" Sasuke yelped.

"Whoops!"

The car screeched to a halt just at the moment Sasuke shouted and everyone jerked forward. Hinata was already blue with fear and dizziness and everyone else except Naruto and Kiba was not far off.

"You should have asked Hana-san to drive us Kiba. That's because unlike Tenten-san, she can guarantee our safety." Shino deadpanned.

"I stole the van, okay?!" Kiba admitted.

"I thought you asked for permission?!" Sasuke asked in bafflement.

"Who the fuck would let her underaged son borrow a van?!" Kiba shot back.

"We won't win this competition. That's because we'd die before getting there." Shino unhelpfully stated in a morose tone that had Hinata turning bluer.

"Oi! I'm an okay driver, okay?! Stop acting as if I'd drive us off a cliff!" Tenten yelled in annoyance.

"Hinata? Hinata?!" Naruto noticed that the girl was looking very sick and scooted over to touch her forehead. That only added fuel to fire though because Hinata suddenly fainted. "EEEK! HINATA IS DEAD!" Naruto screamed in horror.

"Dude, you killed her!" Kiba yelled and gripped Tenten's shirt and shook her frantically.

Cars started horning behind them because Tenten obviously overstayed the red light which had turned green for a while now.

"She's not dead, she faints every time Naruto touches her for no reason!" Tenten defended herself.

"Can we move please?!" Sasuke groaned and buried his head in his laps. This was a disaster. Gaara...that lucky bastard drove to the destination on his motorcycle so he wasn't here to suffer. Finally they made it to the venue in (thankfully) one piece.