Let Me Help You

AN: this is based off the recent avengers game + the kate/clint trailer that was released with it ! it's quite long so i hope das okay !

Third Person's POV

"Are you going to go say goodbye?"

He turned his head and watched as Natasha moved to stand by his side, the two overlooking the main courtyard of the Avengers HQ from a balcony. On the grass by a black sports car stood Clint and Steve speaking indistinctly. The conversation seemed bittersweet, with a hint of sadness behind both their eyes.

"What good will that do?" He muttered and leaned over on the railing, enjoying the soft breeze. "I haven't talked to him in months."

His friend smiled a little and rubbed his shoulder reassuringly, "you might regret it."

Under any other circumstances he would have stayed stubborn and simply went on with his day, but ever since his parents passed last exchanges had always struck different. It was likely better to say something even if you have bad history as opposed to saying nothing at all.

It still didn't make the build up less irksome however.

He then walked downstairs and out towards where his teammates were standing. He could feel his heart race, but he wouldn't be able to tell you why. There are worse things in the world than talking to his ex, but it still felt so terribly daunting.

Their breakup wasn't the cleanest, but it arguably could have been a lot worse. It wasn't so horrible that they wouldn't be able to work with one another, but dreadful enough that they never even looked in each other's direction.

They had just wanted different things out of the relationship and given how much Clint's been away due to SHIELD work, the distance ultimately was the driving force to their breakup. These days it honestly felt more as if Clint were never an Avenger, you barely see him at HQ anymore anyway.

"Tony ... I didn't think you'd join us." Steve blinked at his surprising arrival, but the man couldn't complain, he's been trying to smooth out their relationship since they went their separate ways.

He sighed and rubbed his neck, "Nat said I'd regret it if I don't and I don't need another thing on my conscience."

Clint stared at him as he leaned against the hood of his car. It seemed the younger man was equally unsure as to what to say. Steve must have noticed the tension in the air as he spoke up.

"He was just about to leave." The leader cleared his throat and straightened himself up, "I'll leave you two to talk ... but good luck Clint, don't hesitate to call if you ever need anything."

The archer nodded with a slight smile and watched as the soldier headed back inside.

"Is this something you really want?" He muttered and turned his gaze away to a spot between their legs. "I thought you hated SHIELD ... and I don't know, loved being an Avenger."

"SHIELD needs me more than ever, and you guys will be completely fine without me." Clint answered, his eyes glinting underneath the sunlight. "Besides, if there are any major emergencies I'll still be around."

"Why SHIELD? I mean Nat left a year ago and if I had to be honest I thought you'd leave a lot sooner than she would."

"Call me optimistic but I believe when the world is truly at its lows, SHIELD will be one of our greatest allies."

He scoffed and crossed his arms, barely believing Clint's sentiment, "I've told you once and I'll tell you again, the shady shit Fury gets you into is going to get you killed one day."