What Did You Do To Him? [dystopia au!] (2/???)

AN: hi hi, just gonna be another instalment of that dystopia au! Im not really sure how its gonna tie off but I did say I would continue this one and the pokemon one every now and then so yeah !

also ive noticed a couple new readers, hey !! thank you so much for reading this! I'll put at the end of this chapter general information about tony and clint down the bottom :))

Third Person's POV

He used to love the rain; loved how peaceful it was to listen to, loved how he could get snug and make himself a warm drink to relax. It brought him serenity on what some would consider to be a ruined day.

Now however, now he couldn't stand the rain. He hated how much gloomier it made his world seem, how misfortune seemed to always follow it.

Nevertheless, he stood there in the rain, completely still underneath his umbrella. Around him neon signs flashed brighter compared to your typical nights accompanied by flickering streetlamps. People continued to move despite the grimy weather, and it made him want to walk as well.

Where to? That would have been a good question, if you had asked him, he would have just kept walking and never looked back.

But reality wise, he knew he couldn't, not even if he had the opportunity to.

A car then pulled up next to him, the door opened and somebody stepped out. The rain already soaking their hair and their fitted suit.

"You made me stand in the rain for twenty minutes." He grumbled as his eyes averted theirs. They took the umbrella out of his hands and adjusted the height that was beneficial for the both of them.

"I could have never showed up."

"Cut the bullshit Rogers you called me here." He hissed and glanced upwards to meet their gaze. "What the hell do you want now?"

"The last time I saw you, I told you that you were making the wrong decision." Steve hummed and glanced around the bustling city around him.

"And I told you to fuck off." He bit and watched as Steve eyed him up and down before smiling.

"Can I ask you something?"

"If I say no you're going to ask anyway-"

"What do you see in him?"

He narrowed his eyes, "the fuck kind of question is that?"

Steve sighed and shifted his stance slightly, "he's nothing, well I suppose he was nothing in the past. He made a name for himself as Director but now what?"

"Maybe I just enjoy being married to somebody who doesn't run a terrorist organisation." He quipped and crossed his arms, "I don't have to explain why I care about him to somebody like you. What would you understand anyway?"

"You forget his life is in my hands."

He chewed his lip and stared at the puddle beneath his feet, "what do you want?"

"I want you to leave him and come with me." Steve breathed out, "face it Tony, there's nothing you can do here. Your intelligence is wasted here, you could change the world."

"Help change the world to your regime? No thank you." He scoffed and shook his head, "Look, maybe you didn't understand the first time, but I am not leaving my husband."

"Fine, but I want you to come work under me." They grounded with a slight shrug, "If you don't, I don't know what I'll do with him."

His breath hitched, "he's a valuable asset to you, you'd only lose if you killed him."