Don't Dehumanize My Boyfriend Rhodey

AN: idk if yall noticed from that one iron man 3 chapter I did, but I kinda just head-canon that Rhodey hates Clint's guts and thinks hes a really bad person for Tony, so that's what this is about

Third Person's POV

'Rhodey' – TS.

'Rhodey' – TS.

'RHODEY' – TS.

'Colonel James Rhodes if you don't respond to this message in the next five minutes, I'm going to raid area 51.' – TS.

Two minutes pass.

'What? I was in a meeting.' – JR.

'So I think I just fell in love.' – TS.

'I thought this was urgent.' – JR.

'It is ! I really like this guy Rhodey' – TS.

'What's his name?' – JR.

'Ooh you're interested huh :')' – TS.

'His name is Clint.' – TS.

'Clint? Is his last name Barton by any chance?' – JR.

'Oh? You two know each other?' – TS.

'Enough to know he's bad news.' – JR.

'No! We're not doing this again! I'm not just going to let you shit on all my love interests.' – TS.

'No I mean, do you even know what he does for a living?' – JR.

'Yeah but I don't care and it's too late anyway, we're already out.' – TS.

'Tony I swear to God.' – JR.

'Putting you on silent for the rest of the day, love you!' – TS.

Later that day, Tony came home to what he thought was an empty household. However as it turned out Rhodey had been waiting for him in his workshop. He let out a deep sigh as he opened the doors and threw his jacket on the seat by the door.

"I'm regretting giving you keys to this house." He started plain and simple as he sat down on the couch, staring at his friend from head to toe. "C'mon, lay it on me, give me the lecture."

"Where is he?" Rhodey asked, glancing out towards the door.

"He drove me home and now I presume he himself is heading home."

Rhodey blinked, surprised that Tony didn't bring home his date on the first night. It was a routine he's gotten used to over recent years. It was almost refreshing for a change of pace.

"How did you two even meet?"

Tony breathed out and buried his face in his hands, "SHIELD, he works there and Fury happened to introduce us."

"How long before you two asked each other out?"

"Why am I being interrogated in my own household? Rhodey I'm a grown man who can make my own decisions-"

"Answer the question Tony."

"Two weeks alright? He asked me if I wanted to grab desert at this place he heard of." He continued to answer then peaked up, "Which by the way has the best affogato I've had, the gelato was so good I have to take you-"

"You're getting off topic here."

He pouted and slumped back down on the sofa again. "You're no fun." He paused for a moment, "I really liked him, so I said yes ... today was fun, I haven't felt this way on a date in a while."