Normal Life - 1/3 [NSFW]

Third Person's POV

He let out a deep breath as he pressed his back against a marble column; finally, a chance to catch a breather. As a waiter passed by him, his hand took a glass of champagne that was carried on a silver tray. He took a small sip as he surveyed his surroundings, all he needed to do now was wait.

"I shouldn't take long, but if I need anything I'll tell you." Natasha Romanoff's voice pierced through his ear piece. "I guess you can just enjoy the party."

Another sigh escaped his lips, "I'm just eager to get home, so please wrap it up?"

"Whatever you want boss." She chuckled over the line and he couldn't help but smile.

"Hm, as if nothing is suspicious about a guy standing in the back talking to himself." Another voice caught him off guard and he turned his head around. His eyes fluttered as he recognised who they were, "Who are you? The press?"

"Tony Stark." He acknowledged with a fake smile, "I wasn't aware you would be here tonight."

"Please tell me that Tony Stark isn't quite literally standing inches away from you." Natasha commented, "The hell is he doing here? Fury didn't inform us about this."

Tony chuckled, "I never write my name down for these things, makes my entrance more dramatic if you will." He wasn't sure what the fuck to say or do, "So? You're dodging my question, who are you?"

"Just somebody's plus one." He lied, "Parties aren't my thing especially fancy ones like these."

"So you were just talking to yourself?" Tony smirked, he had a feeling that Stark could see through his lie but just decided not to push. "How about I keep you company then?"

"Oh boy." Natasha spoke but he suspected she was grinning her ass off.

"I'm sure a man like yourself would rather be talking with other people." He tried and watched as the other man shrugged.

"Hey, you're cute and those hearing aids peaked my interest from a mile away." They said as they took a step closer towards him. For a moment the 'cute' comment went over his head and he found himself standing there, completely frozen. "They certainly don't look like retail models."

"I'm not too sure, they were gifted to me." Lies kept piling upon one another.

"Hey, you do remember who exactly designed those for you right?" Natasha's voice cut in.

He paused and narrowed his eyes slightly as he tried to recall the information. SHIELD issued them to him after he had lost a majority of his hearing, but he wasn't sure who designed them.

"I'm judging from that obnoxious silence you don't remember. Fury called in a few favours and the person who made them is standing in front of you. I don't know if he knows it was Fury who asked though."

Fuck, was the only thought that came to mind. If Stark connected some dots then his cover would be blown.

"Really? And who exactly gave them to you?" Suspicion laced the brunette's voice. "I'm just curious."

"Haven't you heard that curiosity killed the cat?" He teased and Tony glanced up to meet his gaze. The man smiled and pressed their hand against his chest, his heart felt as if it was about to lurch out of his chest. "But if you're really so curious, my boss gave them to me, a work accident caused me to lose my hearing. It would only be fair if they compensated, no?"

"I remember designing these." Tony muttered and tapped against one of his devices in the left ear. "The case interested me, so how could I say no?"