Names (1/2)

AN: first of all, this is a super long chapter. Second of all its oddly similar to something ive written before. Lastly I was just bored out of my mind and hence why this is so long.

Third Person's POV

"I'm sure you're fully conscious of your mission."

"Of course, I'm not known for failure."

The woman chuckled and ran her fingers along his jawline. "Good boy."

A snap of fingers pulled him away from the memory. He glanced up and saw a pair of worried eyes.

"You good? You sorta look spaced out." Tony Stark smiled nervously. He blinked at the brunette before he glanced away. He needed some time to continue collecting his thoughts.

"Fine. I was thinking." He answered the other man. Stark shrugged and accepted the answer but remained standing across him. "What is it?"

"Nothing, can't I stand here?" Stark flashed a grin which earnt a roll of the eyes. "Seriously though, you look like you're wallowing in self-pity."

"Just thinking about work. Don't worry about it."

"Ah yes SHIELD, good old SHIELD." The man's tone both teasing and angered. "I wonder what sort of shady shit Fury is up to right now."

He raised an eyebrow and leaned back against the chair he sat in. He waited for Stark to elaborate but received no words. "You make it sound like I would know."

"But wouldn't you though? You're one of his favourites, aren't you?" Tony continued to tease and received an empty stare. "I'm just joking. Your personal life doesn't bother mine anyway."

"Why are you talking to me? Don't you have anything better to do?"

"I was going to grab my sandwich but then I saw you. You sort of just sat on this sofa and stared at absolutely nothing." Stark crossed his arms across his body. "More interesting than my sandwich if you ask me."

"Thanks for the attention I suppose. I guess I can brag that Tony Stark actually thinks I'm worth his time."

A soft laugh soon followed after his sentence. He watched the way that Tony's nose scrunched up as he laughed. "Good luck actually getting anybody to believe you." With that the brunette turned his heels and left the room.

His eyes followed the other man until they completely disappeared. A short moment passed before he felt the warmness in his chest. It was an unfamiliar feeling and it made him feel sick. He told himself that it was something that he could sleep off.

"Your assignment. How is it going?"

"I'm slowly gaining their trust. It shouldn't be long before I achieve my mission goal."

A hum of approval followed. "I understand Mr Stark enjoys your company, what is it like?"

"I don't really understand why he finds me interesting, but I guess we could always use that to your advantage. It would mean that he's willing to trust me more than the others."

"What do you think is the best approach then?"

He thought about his answer briefly. "Perhaps if this continues to go well, it would be good if I formed a romantic relationship with him."

She stopped and stared at him with apprehensive eyes. "If you let this happen, how would I know that you won't be compromised? You're only human after all."