Thoughts - 3/3

AN: oof people actually reading, why r u bearing through this. Ngl I sorta have plans to just make this specific 3 parter an actual short book.

Third Person's POV

He stood outside the doorway for a while, unable to find the willpower to enter the room. He could only anticipate how Tony would react, but he knew the man deserved an explanation. A moment of reconsidering later, he decided to knock on the door before he stepped inside.

Tony sat on the bed fidgeting with his fingers, even though the man showered he still looked like a wreck. It was evident that the man had been crying and he was clearly still deep in thought now. He hated that he did this, the reason that Tony was like this...was because of him.

"Stupid question but, how are you holding up?" He broke the ice and leaned by the door. The brunette glanced up slightly and shot him a distressed look. "Look I never meant to hurt you."

"Then why did you lie to me?" The brunette whispered, his hands clutched against his sweater. "Why would you do that to me?"

He frowned and wanted to reach out, to comfort the other man but he refrained. "I lied to you about my job, but I swear every part of our relationship is real."

"How do I know that isn't a lie? Isn't that what you are? A professional fucking liar?!" Tony raised his voice as tears stung his eyes again. "How do I know Ryker wasn't right? How do I know I wasn't just some mission to you?"

"Tony-"

"How do I know that everything you told me wasn't just a lie?" They whimpered, "I trusted you with every aspect of my life, told you things that I've never told anybody else." He bit his lip as he watched the man shake. "Now I know why you've always been so distant, or those random late-night calls and sudden overseas trips."

"I've told you things I've never told anybody else either." He said and that earnt him a glare. "I know you have no reason to believe anything I'm saying."

"Were you ever planning on telling me?" The brunette muttered and stared at him. His lips parted but no words left his mouth. "I thought as much."

"Tones-"

"Get out."

"Tony please-"

"Get out!" They shouted as tears streamed down their face. "Just leave me the fuck alone!"

He gritted his teeth but decided to abide by the man's wishes. As he stepped outside, Natasha was waiting for him.

"That didn't sound good." She commented and he shook his head dismissively. He walked past her, unable to even think about the topic anymore. "Clint, hey-wait!"

She ran past and stood in front of him to stop him. His eyes wavered towards her and she frowned at how distraught he seemed. She touched his face but he moved away and let out a deep breath.

"I don't want to talk about it." He whispered, "Please, just...let's focus on Ryker."

"No." She grounded and shook her head, "Listen, I've been with you since we were eighteen. We've known each other for seven years and you're my closest friend. I've watched you debate on relationships because of SHIELD's 'no attachment' policy. I've seen the way you've looked at some people, wishing that you could date. I've been there for the entirety of it."

His expression remained still as he continued to listen.

"When I realised you were dating Stark, I realised he must have been different. Different and special enough for you to abandon everything SHIELD told you not to do. If he really is this special, you shouldn't give up on it."

Iron-Hawk Short Storiesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें