Thoughts + Marriage

Third Person's POV

"Are you alright? You don't look so good for somebody whose getting married in about an hour."

He stopped fiddling with his earring as he noticed the other presence in the room. His eyes met hers through the mirror and he forced on a weary smile.

"Nervous I guess."

She smiled as well and approached him. Her hand rested on his shoulder as she talked, "That's a pretty normal feeling to have. I don't know anyone whose had a peaceful wedding."

"What if I'm wrong about this?"

"About getting married?"

He forced on an even bigger smile and nodded, "What if it all ends up in smokes? What if we grow apart?"

"You can't predict those things." She whispered and squeezed his shoulder, "Does Clint make you happy?"

"Yeah." He answered and eased back into his chair. "He always has."

"Then follow that feeling." She advised, there was a small pause. "He loves you Tony. He would never hurt you, not intentionally."

"I just thought that after dating seven years, getting married wouldn't be so major." He scoffed and played with the earing once again. "Boy was I wrong."

"Why don't you go outside and get some fresh air? It might help you think." She suggested and pulled his hand away from the jewellery. He glanced at her one last time before nodding, he could use some air. "You look lovely by the way."

"Thanks Romanoff." He stood on his feet and adjusted his suit. "I'll be back soon." He moved past her and reached for the door handle. As he finally stepped out of the building, he was greeted with fairy lights that illuminated the surrounding gardens.

The venue was breathtaking and for a moment his attention was completely drawn towards the decorations. He walked to a nearby pond only to find his fiancé sitting by the water. He blinked with shock but decided to say nothing for now.

The other man's eyes were focused on the koi fish that came towards the surface of the water. It had almost slipped his mind that they were to be married in about an hour. His fiancé then turned his head towards him, their eyes fluttered and abruptly stood on their feet.

"T-Tony? What are you doing here?" Clint Barton asked in a soft voice, the blonde continued to stare at him from head to toe. He flushed as his fiancé continued to stare at him, "Wow, you're so beautiful."

"Don't you know its bad luck to see your fiancé before the ceremony?" He teased but appreciated the compliment.

"I thought that stuff only applied for brides." Clint smiled and walked towards him. The blonde's hands wrapped around his waist before pressing a kiss against his forehead. "You really do look stunning though."

"It's just the makeup." He stared into his fiancé's eyes. The moonlight made the blue in their eyes glint in a way he's never seen before. "You don't look half bad yourself."

Clint chuckled, "Thank the stylist, I had no part in what I look like." He smiled as he pressed his head against the other's chest. "Why are you out here anyway? Aren't you still getting ready?"

"I could ask you the same question."

"I asked first."

He rolled his eyes but couldn't help but laugh, "I guess I was nervous, needed some fresh air to clear my head."