One Last Fight

AN: eyo is been a while 8) Here be a chapter based on the newer A4 trailers.

Third Person's POV

It wasn't like he meant to walk in on the other man training; he just wanted to check up on some equipment in the armoury.

However due to the design of the building the training facilities were on the way to the armoury. He couldn't avoid it even if he wanted to. In fact for a while he just stared at the man.

Watched as the sweat dripped down his body as the man fought simulated people. If he had to be honest, he couldn't remember the last time he saw Clint.

It had to have been close to three or so years now but at first glance, the man seemed like a different person. Perhaps it was the undercut or maybe even the attention-grabbing sleeve tattoo, but he could barely recognise Clint.

Then it happened, the blonde turned his head and they made eye contact. He froze like a deer in headlights because what the fuck was he meant to do? He had just been caught staring at his ex like some fucking creep.

He wondered if he should talk to them, seemed fitting now that they met each other's gaze. Then again what would he even say? The two didn't exactly end off swimmingly.

But the bandage needed to be ripped; he walked inside the room and the simulation turned off.

Clint's bright blue eyes followed his movements and he crossed his arms across his chest.

"Hey." Was the only thing that left his mouth.

"Hi." Clint responded and even smiled at him. God, he missed that smile. "How have you been?"

"Considering I just came back from space like three days ago, just fine." He shrugged and licked his lips. He thought the words, I'm glad to be back, would never be a thought but those were the only words that spoke to him when he came back.

There was a pause before the man let out a deep breath, a relieved one, "I'm happy your alive."

His eyes fluttered as he glanced up, he certainly wasn't expecting Clint to say that.

"You are?"

"Why wouldn't I be?"

He didn't know the response to that, perhaps he just assumed that Clint hated him after how they ended off. Clearly, that wasn't the case.

He cleared his throat and studied the man's arm, "New tattoo huh?"

The blonde scoffed and stared at the art that plastered his left arm. "You've always liked my tattoos."

"In my defence your previous ones weren't as major as this one."

They shared a smile and it felt good. It felt like the way things should be, the way things were before they broke apart.

"W-What are you doing down here?" Clint changed the subject when things got a little too comfortable.

He bit his lip, "I was going to check up on some equipment. Can't have faulty gear when you're about to fight a murderous grape."

Clint laughed a little at the joke and his eyes glinted underneath the eyes like diamonds. His heart fluttered as he watched the younger man laugh, it was always something that he fell for. He could never tell anybody way, perhaps it was just an adorable seeing an assassin laugh so sheepishly.

"I would have offered to kick your ass, but you should go do that." The man said and stretched his limbs a little. He raised an eyebrow as a smile tugged on his lips, "What? We both know hand to hand had never been your strong suit."