Chapter 26

~Yukimi's POV

"Sweetie" A soft gentle voice called out to me. There was a bright light shining over me which felt so warm and comforting at the same time. "Sweetie, you're safe now"

I groaned slowly fluttering my eyes open just as the bright light dimmed down a little bit.

My eyes looked up to see a tall man with golden brown eyes just like mine and brown hair.

He then gestured to the right of me which I slowly averted my attention to widening my eyes at the sight of a woman.

She had long white hair with red eyes and just from that I knew it was none other than my mother looking down at me with a warm wide smile on her face.

"MOM!!!!" I shouted pushing myself up quickly also realizing the pain wasn't there and neither were my wounds. 

"I'm so happy to see you again" I whimpered burying my face into her stomach slowly looking up at her. "Please don't leave me all alone again"

"Honey you can't stay" She wrapped her arms around me. "There are others that still care for you and their waiting for your return" Slowly stroking my hair she then lifted my chin brushing away my tears with her index finger smiling warmly at me.

"Your mother is right...If you leave them behind they'll be hurt more than you think" My eyes flickered up to the man. He seemed familiar, however, I don't recall meeting him before.

He had a bright smile plastered upon his face before crouching down to my level.

Wait, Isn't he Akito's father.

Ren did show me a picture when I went to go visit with her.

If this is Akito's father... then that means...

I gasped as my eyes widened when the realization hit me.

This man is my father.

"You also have someone that cares a lot about you" She started again. "He's been hurt enough" She must mean Hatori. She is right about that though. I could only imagine the pain he's going through right now, probably blaming himself.

Are they telling me that I'm not dead yet?

Is there a way for me to go back?

What if this was all just a bad dream and I'm actually okay?

That can't be true all those events were too real for it to be just a dream.

My parents are correct about all of this.

The zodiac members have been through so much already. Especially Hatori and Akito, they might not be able to cope with another loss.

I'm sure that I am dead, how could I get back to the others.

"I don't understand... in what way can I get back?" My mother looked up at my father.

"Let us go for now sweetie, I promise this isn't the last time we will see each other"

Before I could say anything else the ground under me crumbled taking me with. Both of my parents stood at the edge of the cliff watching me fall into the darkness.

Is this a dream or am I dead?

Am I going to sit in utter darkness now that I am dead?

TICK! TICK! TICK!

I woke up in a white room confused as to where I was. Memories came rushing back to me flooding my mind with the events that recently took place.

The last thing I remembered was holding onto Akito before darkness took over.