Chapter 18

~Yukimi's POV

I woke up in a white room slowly sitting up taking in my surroundings.

A hand quickly rested on my shoulder as I looked up to see Yuki, Kyo, and surprisingly Tohru with worried expressions on their faces.

"Yukimi, are you alright?" Tohru asked running over to me.

"I'm fine" The events came rushing back to me all at once as I panicked getting out of bed only to be stopped by Kureno who was blocking the door way.

"Hold it right there, you shouldn't be out of bed if you just woke up" Kureno motioned me to get back in the bed.

"Seriously, don't go causing anymore trouble for people" Kyo scoffed crossing his arms. That hurt a lot coming from Kyo.

The last thing I want was for anyone to get hurt especially during this time of year.

"I have to see if Hatori is okay" I tried to push my way past Kureno who held me back from exiting.

"Let her go" I looked back to see that it was Yuki. "His room is five door down, he's awake now" I thanked him and Kureno for everything that they have done right before I headed out counting the doors as I ran bumping into a few nurses on the way there.

Right before I made it to his room I stopped taking a few deep breaths before walking in to see that he was sitting on his edge of the bed talking to Akito, which made me stop a few feet away from them.

They cut their conversation short looking up at me when I entered the room.

"What is it that you want now?" Akito glared at me with a disgusted look upon his face.

"I-I heard Hatori was awake so I wanted to check on him" I said softly turning to Hatori. "Thank you for saving me... I'm really sorry that you got hurt" I continued to apologizing but all he did was stare at me.

"Don't worry about it" Although I felt relieved that he was alright I still felt very guilty as to what happened.

Akito bursted out laughing slowly walking over to me blocking me from Hatori's view.

"You have some nerve coming here" She moved closer to me leaning foward whispering in my ear. "This is all your fault that he got hurt now" My heart began pounding at Akito's words. "Stop causing trouble for everyone"

"Yukimi Kiriyama, there you are" One of the doctors stepped into the room viewing over his clipboard. "Would you like to discuss in private or is here fine?" He asked slowly looking up at me raising a brow.

"Um here is fine, I guess"

"To start your friend here reported the bruises that you have on your body" My eyes widened at his words. My attention drifted to Akito then slowly back to the doctor before us. "How did you get them?"

"I -uh..." I became nervous not knowing how to put my words together choking on them. I swallowed nervously rubbing the palms of my hand against my skirt. "I'm very clumsy is all" Trying to speak with confidence the doctor scribbled a few words down onto his board.

Fear washed over me preventing me from saying anything about my father. The thought of me saying anything made me sick to the stomach having that fear consume me.

The last thing I want is to find out what he will do if I told anyone.

"Ms. Kiriyama, is there anyone besides your father in the home?" He questioned.

"Just my father" I shook my head vigorously staring down at the floor.

"Is he the reason you have the bruises?" He pushed making me feel uneasy.