Chapter 28

~Hatori's POV

"Hatori where are we?" I led her into Ayame's shop with my hands still covering her eyes.

"You will see in a second" I responded, smirking as my eyes trailed towards Ayame who was sitting on with his legs crossed sipping tea.

He looked as if he hadn't moved from that spot in a while. Knowing him he probably has been waiting in that spot since opening today.

"We've been awaiting you two" Ayame shot up pulling Yukimi out of my arms.

I scoffed at his actions following behind them.

"You see Yukimi after begging and begging, Hatori finally let you be my dress-up doll" Ayame chimed pushing her towards the dressing room with his assistant.

While Yukimi was changing I began scolding Ayame as I thought about strangling him.

"Tori is being mean" He crossed his arms turning around.

After a few moments of silence, he began nudging me in my side staring up at me like a child begging for a piece of candy.

"I'll do it when I feel like the time is right" I lightly smacked his hand away from me.

Early today when we went to the beach, I thought about it but even then in such peaceful scenery, the sound of the waves crashing against the rocks, it still wasn't the right time.

If not here then tonight is the last reliable place.

"So how do I look?" Snapping out of my thoughts I slowly turned my head towards Yukimi freezing in the same spot from when she left.

Everyone complimented her on the dress but honestly, I was at loss for words right now.

"Hatori say something" Ayame encourages me to give my thoughts.

I was at lost for words.

"You look pretty good" I mentally slapped myself as the words rolled right off my tongue.

Damn Hatori what girl wants to hear that.

I knew I messed up when Ayame shook his head at me in disappointment. Too stuck on what I just said I didn't know Yukimi left and came back with her regular clothes on.

Continuing the schedule we had lunch and even went to the park for a stroll. Neither felt like right moment for a surprise either.

*

Night hit quickly , this was the last place I could think of to surprise her. The place where we first kissed, I remember the fireworks going off in the night sky.

"Hatori!" Yukimi clutched onto my arm pointing towards the Ferris wheel and she dragged me towards it. Like usual we did stop at the top for a while.

This made it slightly awkward  as I was thinking about surprising her now. I couldn't even start a conversation with her right now.

Why am I being a nervous wreck?

I cleared my throat gathering her attention.

"Yukimi, I-"  We started to go down just as I had gathered enough courage to talk to her. It was hard to get the words out.

It wasn't the lack of confidence from holding a conversation with her that was making me nervous.

It would be the answer, she gives me.

In the end just thinking about it made me sick to my stomach being that it could go both ways.

"It's been a while since we were last here"  she smiled softly looking out the window.