Chapter 22

~Yukimi's POV

Its been two days since the conference. Two days I've been to school. Two days since I last spoke to anyone.

Snow covered the ground leaving a white fluffy appearance. I want to lay on the snow forever and stare up at the sky.

The house is a mess, he's been drinking these last two days, he's wrecked the house. I'm surprised he hasn't tried to hurt me nor has he burned the house to the ground.

It might be a good thing but he's been too quiet. Bumble hasn't been around either.

"YUKIMI!!!!" He yelled from down the stairs. I exited my room quickly heading down so I didn't upset him while he waited. "I have some things to take care of but you better stay inside this house" I nodded in understanding.

Once he left the house pulling out of the driveway the phone rang. Hesistantly I picked it up answering the call.

"Yukimi!!! Please please come out for ice cream with us" Momiji voice chimed lightly as he giggled.

"I told you not to call her. What if her father picked up?!" Momiji whined as Kyo yelled at him.

"Sure I'll go" I spoke in a low flat tone with a lack of enthusiasm as he cheered before hanging up.

After getting dressed I headed out of the house although he told me not to leave.

A few moments later I Arrived in front of the ice cream shop not far from our school. I seen that they were alredy sitting down at a table.

"She's here!" Momiji yelled running over to me jumping in my arms causing me to wince in pain. "Are you alright?" I nodded in response hiding the fact I wasn't.

The wounds I got days ago still hurt to the touch.

"Would you like me to buy you ice cream?" Hatsaharu offered but I shook my head no trying to find words to speak to them.

"We heard what happened in the woods" Kyo started.

"None of it was your fault, do know that" Hatsaharu continued.

"It is my fault all of it the fact people keep getting hurt makes it worse" I looked down. "The truth is I'm scared to go back home something is telling me not to"

"Stay with Shigure" I shook my head vigourously looking at Hatsaharu.

"He might hurt someone at the estate if he finds out I'm not home and I don't want to risk anyone else getting hurt" Tears threatened to pour out of my eyes thinking back to all the things that I have done or caused.

"We're here for you always but we want you to be safe" Yuki said touching the bruises on my cheek and my neck but I flinched away covering it with my hair. "I can't let you go home at all"

"Its not your decision"

"It might as well be" Yuki's voice became more serious. "I won't allow you to place yourself in a dangerous environment"

"He's right, you don't know what he'll do next or how far he's willing to go" Torhu mentioned placing her hand ontop of mine.

"And any of you do?" I asked but received silence. "I actually came to tell you guys I no longer want to be friends" I stood up from the table getting ready to leave.

"You can't be serious!!!" Kyo yelled. "This isn't a way to protect us, we will continue to bother you everyday until you decide otherwise" They all agreed with Kyo.

"You all are idiots" I began sobbing as Yuki reached out to me pulling me into a hug.

"We just care about you a lot" He said softly stroking my hair trying to calm me down.