Chapter 7

~Yukimi's POV

Everyone spent some time talking to me about the Chinese Zodiac and the story. I remember Tohru's mom telling the story because I had never heard it before.

"Oh if I'm correct Yukimi, I remember you loved the dragon" She said smiling placing her hands together.

"Oh yes, I did" The dragon is my favorite zodiac from the story.

"May I ask why the dragon is your favorite?" Hatori asked looking over at me.

"Um yes well, you see" I don't know why I was acting weird for a second. He only asked a question, get yourself together. "The dragon is my favorite because I know the dragon could have won the race but he chose to help the people instead of winning the race" I smiled remembering how much I envied the dragon. "I loved that he made a sacrifice and helped others in a time of need"

Hatori's expression changed from a stern look to a soft smile on his face upon hearing my answer.

I told everyone what actually happened the day I disappeared. It took quite a while to tell as I tried to avoid all of the shocking stares of confusion and disbelief.

I found out that Kyo is the cat, Yuki is the rat, and Shigure is the dog. As for Hatori, he told me that it was a mystery as he ruffled my hair. Hatori is very kind and loving person, I can tell under his cold and stern personality.

It was getting to be pretty late and so Tohru called my father to ask if I could stay over at her house tonight. We came up with a lie and to my surprise he bought it.

"That was easy" Shigure chimed in looking over at us.

"Yes but that can't be the excuse every time... I'd have to go over at some point" I smiled but then my expression saddened at the thought of having to go home.

"We'll figure something out" Hatori rubbed my head again before heading out of the house to head home.

I thanked Yuki and Shigure for letting me stay the night here as I figured out what I'm going to do about my father. It's about time I do something about it but if I run away from home then I feel bad about just abandoning him.

"Everything will work out, don't you worry" Tohru pumped her fist into the air when she said that. I giggled at her as she was trying to cheer me up.

"I'm glad I have friends such as all of you" I took her hand in mine as we sat on her bed. "You're very kind Tohru and I'm grateful for that, my mom would've adored you the most" I hugged her tightly as we laid down next to each other hand in hand.

The next morning Tohru and I made breakfast together. It was like old times where we would do this for her mom whenever I'd spend the night at her house. After everyone enjoyed break we headed to school and after school, there was a cute blonde haired boy waiting outside the school gates for us.

"Momiji what are you still doing here?" Kyo asked punching the kid in the head.

"Kyo's hitting me" He managed to get away from Kyo jumping right into my arms. "I wanted to see Yukimi...I heard about her from Hatori" He said snuggling up against me as I smiled lightly cuddling him.

"In that case it's nice to meet you, Momiji" He was so cute and cuddly, made me wish I had a little sibling as cute as he is.

"The pleasure is all mine" He looked up at me smiling. "Harii and I were going to get some ice cream, I want you to come with us" Kyo punched him in the head making Momiji whine again as he held onto me more.

"Momiji, I only bought you here to say hi to her" Hatori rubbed the bridge of his nose as he sighed walking over to us.

"Awwww Harii please please please, I want her to go" Momiji pleaded and whined.