Chapter 9

Another day of school completed, I stretched feeling really good about the exams coming up.

"Why do you always seem so damn happy all the time?" Kyo had his feet kicked up on the desk, but before I could answer Arisa tilted his seat back further causing him to crash onto the ground with a loud thud.

"Kyo, Are you okay?" Tohru and I shouted in unison together pretty concerned about him. It sounded painful when he collided with the ground so I assumed he was hurt.

After we parted ways with Arisa and Saki, the rest of us headed back to Shigure's house.

"Yukimi it feels as if forever since I've seen you" Shigure came over hugging me tightly.

"I'm glad you did, I missed you too Shigure" I hugged him back right when Kyo started to run his mouth again.

"He only missed you because you made Dango and Taiyaki the last time you were here" Kyo inputted pouting crossing his arms.

"Do you miss them too Kyo? I will make more before we leave tonight" I pulled Tohru over to the kitchen just so she could help me make them. Luckily there was bean paste already made since Thoru tries her best to make it.

Assuming she followed my ingredients I moved to taste the thick paste.

*

Just as Tohru and I finished getting ready we both headed downstairs to see Hatori and the other waiting for us.

Everyone stopped to stare, even Hatori's eyes had widened a bit which made me pretty nervous. I was wearing a short black skirt that stopped mid-thigh and an off the shoulder white top.

"Is there something wrong with what I'm wearing?" I asked nervously looking at the blushing slightly as I looked down at the floor.

"uh no, not at all" The guys all said in union rubbing their heads. Hatori remained silent looking away from me as the others acted as if they haven't seen us in anything but our school uniforms.

"I think you both look great!" Momiji chimed running over to us pulling us out the door and towards the car.

Momiji pushes me into the passenger seat of the car meaning I would have to sit beside Hatori. It started to make me even more nervous, however, I couldn't show it or make a fool of myself.

What am I talking about?

 I'm falling for a guy that is at least 8 years older than me.

Once we were at the festival we looked around for things to do. Tohru was walking with Yuki and Kyo, which left me walking behind them with Hatori and Momiji.

"They are such a beautiful family" It wasn't long before people around us started to gossip again. This mostly happens when the three of us are together.

Hatori was getting annoyed with the comments people were making but who could blame him. It was becoming annoying that everyone assumed we were a couple.

"Let's play this game!!" Momiji grabbed me by the arm pulling me towards a water game. The objective was to fill the hole with water and get to the top before the other players but my aim was usually off.

I pulled out my wallet to pay for the game for Momiji and me but was cut off when Hatori paid for us instead. I wasn't expecting that from him especially not since he drove us all the way out here either.

"Ready!!" The guy called out as I quickly took my seat trying to aim the handgun where I think the water would shoot out from. "GO!!!" I quickly pressed the trigger button missing the hole at first as I switched my aim. This was a very intense game as I kept looking at my meter go up knowing it wouldn't go any faster. I closed my eyes with the water still pushing into the hole as I felt a hard rock chest pressed against my back followed by a warm firm hand around mine.