Chapter 17

~Hatori's POV

Yukimi seemed kind of down once I got back to working. Kissing her was a mistake on my part. I can't keep stringing her along, so the only best thing to do is to cut it off from here.

She deserves better than me just like Kana deserved better. I'm very thankful that Kana found someone that would take care of her and make her happy.

I was foolish think that I would be able to give Yukimi, what I couldn't give Kana.

Akito would never allow that, so this is only me being selfish.

Its been a while since Yukimi left with Akito. It worried me seeing that Akito seemed to be angery about something. Hopefully she doesn't take it out on Yukimi.

There was a knock on my door not long after I finished up my work for the day.

"Yuki, glad you showed up to the banquet" He nodded looking around. "Akito won't be so happy"

"So I've heard, Where's Yukimi?" He asked impatiently crossing his arms.

"Akito took her a while ago" Standing up from my chair taking off my coat hanging it up before heading out the door with Yuki. "I was heading that way to check in on her, if you want to tag along"

Yuki seems upset about something as well. That's pretty much been everyones attitudes around here for the past week.

Just upset, angry, and frustated.

As we made our way towards the main house, we heard someone scream coming from Akito's quarters sound like.

Yukimi ran out falling into the wall for support. She looked terrified but hurt at the same time, pushing herself down off the wall she started running down the hallway towards us.

"Ms. Kiriyama, What's wrong?" She stumbled right into Yuki's arms crying shoving him out of the way as she continued down the hall.

"Hey wait!!" Kureno came running out of the room towards us as well.

"What happened?" I asked looking up at him.

"I don't know all that happened but she had bruises on her body" Kureno explained what he and Akito saw. The only other person I know that would be capable of doing something like that would be her father.

My fist clenched at the thought of him hurting her.

I began running after her following her out of the estate in time to see that she had jumped the gate. Quickly I shouted for one of the maids to get the gate opening slipping through to see her running into the woods.

"Yukimi!!!" I called to her as I bent over to catch my breath. I know she's a fast runner based on her zodiac but shit.

"Leave me alone!!!" She yelled in the distance as I started back up again with the others behind me.

She screamed loudly as I could see the ground collapsing right benether her feet making her fall. This area had many steep hills that all would head down towards the creek not far from the Sohma's estate.

"Yukimi!!!"Kureno and I said in unison as we carefully peered over the edge to see that she was able to catch onto a root that was in the ground.

I sighed in relief to know that she was hanging on and okay.

I had to think of something fast before the area where she's hanging collapses again. This part of the year usually is when there's reports of mud slides in certain areas.

"I'm going to fall" She cried looking down at the drop making her even more scared than she already was. There was a tree that grew out of the grow on the steep hills just below her.