Chapter 19

~Yukimi's POV

After school, I headed to the Sohma's estate without telling anybody. I didn't even tell Momiji or Hatsaharu either.

There happened to be a maid actually waiting for me to arrive.

"Are you Yukimi?" She asked, smiling towards me.

"I am" I replied feeling my stomach churning slowly following the female towards the main estate. I kept aware of my surroundings hoping that I didn't run into Akito or the others for the duration that I was here. 

"Right, this way please" No one seemed to be around, it seemed very quiet today.

"May I asked who summoned me here or for what reason?" I asked curiously. Something tells me it wasn't Akito. Thinking about running into Akito made me feel sick to my stomach just thinking about it.

Hopefully, this is just an in and out thing before I'm spotted around here.

"No, We're almost there" We walked towards an unfamiliar area. One away from Akito's room.

We made it to another door as the maid knelt down before me.

"Ma'am, Yukimi has arrived as requested" The maid opened the doors to the room for me. I gulped slowly walking into a smoky room coughing a bit a smoke-filled my lungs.

"Ahhh Yukimi, such a pretty name" The woman glared at me with a disgusted look upon her face.

The closer I had gotten to her the more visible her face became as there was little light in here.

This was the woman I bumped into on the second day of the banquet.

She had a maid brushing her long black hair and while another painted her nails.

"Allow me to introduce myself, I am Ren Sohma, mother of Akito, and wife of late Akira Sohma" She said blowing a puff of smoke in my direction before putting it out sending the maids away. "Do you know why I have summoned you?"

"N-no ma'am" I quickly shook my head to her question.

"To tell you the truth of why your mother left the Sohma's" My eyes widened wondering if she knew my mother. Finally someone with answers. "You're probably wondering, how do I know of your mother" I nodded but she just chuckled lowly. "Listen carefully"

"Alright" I said, as she motioned me to sit down in which I did.

"You're a spitting image of your mother" She said just as the maids came back in again with tea for her. They offered me a cup but I kindly refused. "But you two are very much different, you're completely opposite of her"

"She was always so kind and nice-" I started to explain here the way I remembered.

"You would think so but you're wrong" She shook her head sipping the cup of tea. "I hated her with every ounce of blood in me" What possible could my mom have done to make Akito's mom hate her so? "Your mom was beautiful, everyone deemed us the two most beautiful women here... she could have any guy she honestly wanted" Well she's not lying my mother was a very beautiful woman, she always usually was mistaken as my older sister but never my mother.

"So how come you hated her?" I asked slightly impatient to hear her reason.

She shushed me placing a finger upon her lips.

"As you know I was married to Akira Sohma, it happened when I was soon to give birth to Akito" She sat the cup of tea down next to her slowly rising to her feet as she peered down at me. "Let me skip to the good part" The corner of her mouth pulled back into a smirk. "I found out that your mother who was married to your father at the time had an affair with my husband" My eyes widened in disbelief shaking my head back and forth not wanting to believe her words. "She slept with my husband becoming pregnant with her second baby girl" The woman began slowly walking towards me as I stood up. "I wanted you aborted however Akito spared you life sensing you were another zodiac member, so instead to keep you safe, your mother had to leave the Sohma's" She took a piece of my hair between her fingers playing with it before letting it drop circling around me before walking back to her chair.