Chapter 12

It started back again where nothing but snow surrounded me as I ran through the forest being chased by bloodthirsty creatures.

  My legs could only carry me so far, which gave out as I began to pant heavily gasping for air to feel my lungs. The creatures began to dash closer to me as their feet can be heard heavily dashing through the snow.

It almost sounded like a stampede the closer they got to me.

Once they were insight I narrowed my eyes trying to get a good look at them. They weren't any ordinary creatures, they were like wolves or maybe hounds. It was hard to make out what they were being that they had skeleton heads, horns, sharp fangs, and red glowing eyes.

I tried to stand up although I haven't fully recovered yet only to slip and fall back to the ground again. Realizing that running was pointless at this time so the only other thing that I thought to do was just cover my face with my arm waiting for the impact to happen.

They should have attacked me by now.

I slowly removed my arm from my face to see that they were slowly back away while screeching. They seemed to be scared to come any closer to me.

They weren't scared of me before.

An Icy cold breath blew directly on the back of my neck as I froze right where I was slowly managing to turn around not wanting to know what the creature was behind me.

As soon as my pupils came into contact with another menacing creature that towered above me. This one's mouth opens far back to its cheeks baring its razor-sharp teeth at me with blood dripping from its mouth.

The creature seem human-like but it just wasn't human. Its claws and teeth looked to be sharp enough to even tear through metal if it needed too.

"Yukimi Run!!!" A familiar voice called out to me. "You must get away from him or he will kill you" It dawned on me quickly. The voice calling out to me was my mother's voice but where was she.

"Mom!!!" I wanted to get up and run but for some reason, my legs wouldn't move, my body wouldn't move. I felt stuck in my dream being forced to watch this monster end my life.  I felt like I no longer had control of anything right now. 

Why couldn't I get up and run?

The monster claws slashed across my body right before my eyes causing everything to quickly turn black. It's like I didn't have time to react to what happened at all.

~

I shot up panting heavily as I glided my hands over my stomach to realize that I was just having another nightmare. Looking around the room I realized that I was still down in the living room where I had fallen asleep as I slowly began to calm myself down noticing that Hatori was asleep stretched out on the couch as well.

My eyes flickered over to the clock to see that it was still early meaning everyone must still be asleep, however, I took this opportunity to quietly freshen up and change my clothes running back over my nightmare.

Once I had finished freshening up I headed back downstairs quietly with some supplies, a pillow, and a blanket trying not to wake anyone.

I slowly and gently placed the pillow under Hatori's head as well as placing the blanket over him as well as it was starting to get slightly chilly down here.

"Yukimi" I heard a soft and gentle voice call my name.

Slightly turning my head to see Kisa rubbing her eyes.

"Are you alright?" I asked her quietly seeing as something seemed to be wrong.

"I had a nightmare" She whined a bit as I reached out to her pulling her into a tight hug as I comforted her.