Chapter 6

~Yukimi's POV

My father stopped drinking months after that incident. Things have been rather bumpy between us. He changed a bit he allowed one friend over from my new school.

It's been a year after the whole incident with the Sohma's.

Her name was Tohru Honda. She befriended me when no one else would. I didn't open up much to her but she didn't mind it at all. She was so sweet and nice and she apologized a lot.

I don't want to get too close though, she might be history like all the rest.

Her mom was cool though. We had sleepovers here and there. My father seems to be ok with Tohru. I think she's the first friend that he likes, so it may last but I won't hold onto that.

Tohru and I have been friends since my transfer in middle school. Now we're starting our first year of high school together.

Tohru, Hana, Arisa, and I together. They also accepted me when Tohru did and I'm grateful for that. I'll make it last as long as I can.

Now moving into the third day of school I notice that Yuki was in here. In my class, I mean along with an orange-haired boy named Kyo Sohma.

He shot me a side glare as he spoke with Tohru. This wasn't supposed to happen again. I wasn't supposed to see him again.

"Hey, Yukimi are you ok?" Arisa asked me as she leaned back in her chair. I didn't respond to her question I just got up and ran out of the classroom.

This can't be happening, don't want to change schools again. 

"Yukimi" Tohru came rushing towards me with a worried expression on her face.

"So it looks like we meet again" I hear Yuki's voice right behind her.

"Long time no see...Yuki" Tohru stood there looking between us confused as Yuki furrowed his eyebrows at me. I wouldn't be surprised that Tohru is friends with him, she's kind-hearted to everyone she meets.

"Um, you guys know each other" Tohru asked looking up at Yuki.

"Jeez, I know you hate me Yuki, but what's her story" Kyo came walking up to us as well as I caught my breath standing up.

"She was a close friend of mine and Akito's before she decided to abandon us" My eyes widened slightly but then I realize how I affected them when I had left.

"It was better for all of us" I mentioned looking down at the ground.

"You know you got some nerve" He clutched his fist together as he looked at me.

"Yuki, I know you hate me and I don't know what else to say but I consider you both to be a friend still but I can't at the same time" I can't explain to them what happened back then. It's not like he'd understand if I didn't tell him.

"If you were afraid of Akito that's all you had to say" He continued. "You said you wouldn't turn your back on him and you did" I wanted to scream so bad right now.

"Please let's calm down" Tohru tried to stop our arguing as she smiled and put her hands up. She was a very optimistic and positive person but some things just couldn't be helped.

"Yuki, If only you knew what happened the night before that... you'd understand" I spoke lowly but loud enough for them to hear. "If only you knew why my mother died" I held back my tears as all those events came rushing into my mind. The once physical wounds now embedded in my mind.

I will always remember what happened as I was the one who experienced them. No one can help me with this pain its only mine to bear.

"What happened that night?" Crossing his arms waiting for me to answer his question. "If you convince me maybe I can forgive you" It's hard to get someone to understand when they don't know what happened.

"It'll be bad if I tell you, its best you do not know" I crouched down hugging my knees to my chest as I thought of other things I could say.

I want things to go back to the way they were between Akito, Yuki, and I. The way Yuki is acting towards me now I don't know if it could ever be the same.

"Can you just explain, how hard can it be?" Kyo butted in huffing impatiently. He was agitated and it was written all over his face. He seemed like the type that doesn't care about how his actions and words would affect you at all.

"We're your friends you can talk to us about anything?" Tohru said smiling as she took my hand in hers. Not long after that the bell rung and Tohru dragged me back to class as Yuki and Kyo followed.

"You will come over today" Yuki mentioned before taking his seat.