Chapter 24

~ Akito's POV

With all of the gunshots and screaming it led us right to them. We stood there frozen in our tracks staring at Yukimi's unconscious body as he stood over her.

"What the hell did you do?!!!" I yelled in anger rushing over to them as the others called out to me to stop but I ignored their words until he whipped out a gun holding it towards her head. This causes me to stop my actions glaring up at the man as I clenched my fists.

"I don't understand why any of you continue to involve yourselves with her" He stated just as she came to look up at me with widened eyes. Anyone would be surprised that I showed up, to be honest. I'm surprised that I even came.

"Everything is going to be okay" Shigure said in an assuring voice but she only shook her head before responding softly.

"It's never going to be okay" Tears rolled down her cheeks as she closed her eyes. It wasn't until then that I noticed her left leg had been wounded. The snow has been stained with her blood which makes me boil with anger wanting to seek revenge.

"Nothing will be okay until she's dead"

"She's innocent" He scoffed and chuckled deeply at Hatori's words.

"Innocent?" If that were true Yua would still be here" The gun was shaking making me a bit nervous but I didn't want to startle him into shooting her. "None of you knows what she was capable of doing" I was confused by what he meant by that. We only knew so little about her so it would make since. A wolf in the zodiac was rare to come across. "She could have saved her mother but she chose the sick head of the family instead" My eyes widened in disbelief. Don't tell me she has powers just like Hatori does.

She could take away my sickness.

I could live longer than expected.

"Yukimi?" I whispered looking over towards her shockingly. My legs slowly pushed me forward towards her but I forced them to stop when he snapped the gun back in her direction.

"I'd be satisfied if you died as well" He whipped the gun in my direction glaring at me with so much hatred.

His hand began shaking as he held the gun towards me.

"WAIT!!!" Shigure and Kureno yelled.

BANG!!!!

That was the loud shot of the gun going off causing my ears to ring.

I just knew I had been hit.

I just knew it was over for me. I thought closing my eyes slowly waiting for death to take me.

"Aktio!!" I heard voices calling out to me but they sounded muffled to make out who they belonged to.

Slowly my eyes opened revealing Shigure's face.

"Is she okay?" Kureno called out rushing over to us.

I shot up seeing her looking around to see what had happened right when my hearing came back.

"Let her go" The man had a fist full of Yukimi's hair in his fist as she yelled trying to break free from his grip. He only got more violent with her forcefully pulling her around by her hair.

Hatori took that as an opening to grab the gun from his hand but the man seemed to be one step ahead of him. He kicked Hatori in the back of the leg causing him to stumble creating an opening for the man to hit him in the back of the head with the handle of the gun.

"How dare you mess up my shot?" He kicked her forcefully in the stomach causing her to land closer to us. I pushed Shigure out of the way rushing over to Yukimi to see if she was okay. Hatori on the other hand was slowly getting his strength back as well.

"I'M ENDING THIS NOW!!!" The man yelled in frustration reloading the gun aiming it at me again. I held Yukimi closer to me just as his finger pulled back slowly on the trigger.

Hatori sprung up from where he was laying tackling the man to the ground in the hope to throw off his aim.

BANG!!! BANG!!!!!

Not one but two shots were fired.

One hit the tree and the other was unknown but by the time I processed all that was happening Yukimi had her arms wrapped around my neck. This all happened too fast for me to even process when she moved from my arms.

"Aki, I'm so grateful-" She whispered softly in my ear before slipping down as if she wasn't able to support herself anymore.

"Yukimi, Y-yukimi" My hand felt sticky all of a sudden once I removed it from her side. I feel I already knew what had happened but I don't think it was something that I wanted to believe.

Lifting up my hand slowly towards my face I could see that it was stained with blood. If I wasn't hit then it had to be her. I began feeling something strange inside of me. Almost like the same feeling I had when the bond with Kureno broke.

"Hey!!! Don't leave me!!!" Pleading and screaming as I began shaking her unresponsive body begging her to wake up. I applied pressure to the wound to try to stop the bleeding. "HATORI!!!" I called out to him just as he got the man restrained.

Kureno took over getting the man in handcuffs just as Hatori rushed over to us to help.

Tears slipped from his eyes while he ripped my Kimino to tie around her leg wound and then enough to keep the pressure on the one on her side. He was holding himself together but also falling apart at the same time this was different from when he was with Kana.

I can't quite explain how different it is.

Usually, Hatori was pretty good at hiding his feelings. He never cried in front of anyone either. Not even when he nearly went blind.

Was he really hurt when he let Kana go?

"She's still alive we have to get her to a hospital, ASAP" Shigure suggested while Hatori picked her up from my arms.

Our bond was now thinning quickly I could feel it. This is so much worse than before.

I began sobbing and crying more than before as Shigure lifted me into his arms. Burning my face in his chest thinking about all the bad things I have done to the zodiac members.

"Everything will be alright" Shigure tried to comfort me as we headed back following quickly behind them.

If I had not said anything before she would have been alright.

Does this mean if she dies it would be my fault?

Hatori would be hurt again. I will feel alone without her bond attached to me.

What about Yuki, he was her first friend.

Just as we made it back to the car the cops were already present to take the man away into an custody. We, on the other hand, refused to wait for the ambulance to arrive so instead we let Kureno drive us to the hospital.  

Her head reset on my lap while I rushed back some of her hair. Tears continued to slowly fall down my face still hoping that she would make it.

She gripped my kimono tightly grasping my attention pulling me away from my thoughts.

"Akito" She breathed as I shushed her keeping pressure on her wound.

"We're almost there" I assured her feeling the bond thinning more by the second.