Chapter 25

-Hatori's POV

Everything happened so quickly from the phone call to the time we arrived at the hospital. Akito and I both were panicking when Yukimi stopped responding to us. My mind was was blank but I forced myself together as I quickly got her out the car from Shigure rushing inside of the emergency room.

"HELP" I yelled demanding doctors to come and help us hoping that she would make it.

"The bond is getting even thinner" Akito cried more as they rushed her through double doors.

"She will make it Akito" I tried to encourage her holding her tighten my grip around her hugging her. I comforted her the best way that I could.

We went to the waiting area waiting for the doctor to come back with what we're hoping is good news. Kureno called Tohru to letting her know what happened.

It wasn't long before nearly all members of the zodiac showed.

"Harii, is she okay?" My eyes trailed to Momiji but I couldn't say much as I tried my best not to think about the events that took places.

Not being able to protect her from danger.

Why is it that someone always ends up hurt?

Kana ended up getting hurt in the end beyond my saving and now what can I even do to protect Yukimi?

Losing her would have been the last thing I wanted.

The last thing I did was push her away and hurt her.

She still called to tell me that she loved me even if that would have been her last words, even then I could tell her how I felt not with Akito there.

"Shut up... if she was okay we wouldn't be here" Momiji's choice of words began to piss off Akito as she stood behind him clenching her fists.

Shigure quickly calmed her down not wanting their to be a scene in the hospital. Momiji stepped closer to me as I slowly pulled him into my chest.

"She will be fine she has to be" I tried to reassure him as well as hold myself together.

We continued to wait in silence for the doctor to come back with any news on her condition. The more we waited the more that it continued to eat me away from the inside. I can't help but to think about how useless I was.

It should have been me.

A hand gently landed on my shoulder causing me to quickly snap back to reality. My eyes met with Yuki's who looked at me worriedly.

"Don't beat yourself up" He started softening his expression."She wouldn't want that from you" He managed to pull his lips into a small smile but even so I could tell that he was hurt just as much as I was.

Not too long after the doctor came over to us things didn't look to be too good just by the expressions on his face.

I sprung up from my seat walking towards him before he even made it all the way over to us.

"Yukimi is in critical condition meaning that we're not sure if she's going to make it"

"YOU'RE LYING!!!" Akito yelled. "She's going to make it, I know it" She began to whimper slowly sliding down to the ground. "Its my fault" My fists slowly clinched together while I tried to hold back my tears.

This can't be true.

Akito is right. She has to make it.

I can't lose her.

The bond is still there between Akito and Yukimi, so there's still hope. Right?

I excused myself from the others walking to a part of the hospital that was somewhat empty.

Tears ran down my face as I was no longer able to fight back my tears.

"Hey, Are you Hatori Sohma?" I quickly wiped my face away snapping my head in the direction of a gentle serene voice. There was a brown haired girl with red eyes looking up at me. She looked a bit older than Yukimi maybe around my age just about.

"Who are you?" I asked confusedly.

"I guess she doesn't talk about me much" She kind resembles Yukimi in a way. "Yukimi is my sister" My eyes widened a bit, its a bit of a shocker being that she never mentioned having a sister.

She pulled out a small picture from her pocket holding it out to me. It was a picture of when Yukimi and I went to the haunted house together.

"She spoke highly of you Hatori" Her expression fell quickly her bottom lip began to quiver."By the time I had received the letter and came here it was already too late" She collapsed holding onto an envelope sobbing grasping the attention of whoever was around us.

"Don't blame yourself, we couldn't stop him she wanted to protect Akito from getting hurt" I said as I rested my hand on her shoulder rubbing her back gently as I tried to calm her down.

"Because of the bond right?"

"I wouldn't say that" Shouldn't she know the kind of person her sister is. Yukimi doesn't want others hurt because of her. She puts others first before herself. She's like a mix of Tohru and Kana, so kind hearted.

"By the sound of her letters after she met you they became more lively and joyful" She smiled a bit wiping her tears before standing back up. "Its not your fault either...I'm glad she found you" My eyes widened when she told me that. I realized that I should have been fighting for her just like I should have fought for Kana back then.

"She will recover... I feel it and when she does...Do me a favor?"I looked back down at the girl. "Please continue to stay by her side...She hasn't been happier" She smiled widely just like Yukimi did.

I've hid the way I felt a lot but in all honesty I've been happier as well when Yukimi came into my life.

Two broken souls seemed to have found and mended each other.