Chapter 3

~Yukimi's POV

I can't believe I went back to sleep after packing my father's lunch and his dinner. Ugh, I'm going to be late.

Once I got my clothes on and my teeth and hair brushed. I quickly rushed out the door and on the way to school.

I ran all the way to school without stopping thinking I'd be late. Luckily I knew a short cut to get there.

"Morning Yukimi" Yuki greeted as I approached him not seeing Akito.

"Morning Yuki, Where's Akito?" I asked curiously looking up at him.

"He's still feeling ill, so he's at home" Yuki seemed bothered by something and I wondered what was on his mind.

"You okay, Yuki?" I asked a bit worried until he shook his head waving his hands in front of him. We walked the rest of the way to class in silence. It was honestly kind of weird between Yuki and me.

This feeling this sense I get from him that he too may be suspicious of me. Maybe my actions yesterday were just too risky. I shouldn't have gotten myself involved.

"You mean Yukimi right?" One girl asked I heard her mother was sick and had passed" the girl continued as I stood in the doorway of our class.

"Poor girl, it must be hard for her but she's always so nice to everyone and smiling" Another girl said before their heads snapped towards me as they went silent.

How could they have known about any of that? Never have I ever told anyone about my mother.

Yuki placed a hand on my shoulder but I pushed it off turning to run out of the class and down the hall still careful not to run in the opposite sex.

I ran out of the school and down the street until I made it the bridge near the school. As I hugged my body collapsing to the floor letting out a loud scream as I began to cry and sob.

"Yukimi!!!" I heard someone yell my name as well as the padding of shoes against the concrete. The voice sounded like Yuki's but I didn't care to move at all.

"Just go away please" I choked on my tears pushing those words out of my mouth but yet again he just put his hand on my shoulder.

"I won't leave your side in a time you need a friend the most" He smiled even more as he offered me his hand. His smile was so warming. I wanted so badly to jump into his arms and cry my eyes out but I knew I couldn't. I could never hug another guy.

This makes me wonder if I'll ever be able to get married or have children. I never really thought about the future as much as I probably should.

I grabbed Yuki's hand letting him pull me up off the ground. He didn't let go of my hand as he used his other hand to wipe my tears away.

"Come on let's talk and walk" he added as he pulled my hand gently but enough so I'd follow him. I guess he wanted me to talk about my mother with him." tell me about your mother, please"

"Well, she was a very kind and compassionate person like you" Realization hit me, Yuki is kind-hearted like my mother was. He reminded me of my mother and I just realized that now.

"She became sick, which she, as you heard passed from it" I didn't want to, remember much of that sad night. "I miss taking care of her actually and seeing her proud face as I scored high on a test or the food that I successfully cooked for her" I sniffled as he let go of my hand.

Looking up we were in front of a bakery as the smell pulled me out of my thoughts.

"I know your mom would want you to be happy and enjoy life" Yuki led me into the bakery where he ordered me a Matcha creped pie that we shared.