Chapter 11

Today was the day that we were headed to the beach, considering the trip was already paid for with no warning for us.

It would be rude to turn it down.

"C'mon Yukimi" Tohru grabbed my arm pulling me out the door as I held onto my bags.

"Be safe!!!" Shigure chimed waving us off.

The four of us got into the car as Tohru and I hugged onto each other getting comfortable, keeping warm as the a/c was on high.

I didn't want to ask to turn it down thinking the others may enjoy it and it was pretty hot out.

"The hell are you two doing?" Kyo asked with his arms crossed.

"We're falling asleep Kyo" My eyes remained shut as I heard Tohru's soft gentle voice.

The once green forest now covered in a beautiful coating of pure white flurries. Holding my hand out I caught a few snowflakes that floated and danced towards the ground.

Snow? When did it? Where am I?

The way the cold air kissed my skin felt so nice almost the way the sun does during summer. Standing my ground I began to slowly turn to let the cold air surround my body, some flakes managing to land on my skin melting away at contact.

Suddenly it felt like a pair of eyes were watching me from somewhere. Multiple eyes, I began to follow the stares thinking it might just be an animal.

The vibes I began to feel made my skin tingle in a bad way as I continued to look around not being able to shake off this bad feeling. The bushes nearby began to rustle as I slowly began to creep forward not wanting to startle the creature as well as to keep it from startling me. 

The closer I was to the bush the more I let uneasy as I tried to keep my focus on the bus hoping that it was nothing more than just a small animal.

Maybe I'm overreacting and just paranoid. Its pretty silent after all. Now that I think of it I haven't heard any other creature, so maybe that's all that it is.

I was only a few feet away from the bush as more rustling began to happen the increase in my instinct telling me not to go any further causing me to stop dead in my tracks. My breathing becoming hitched in my throat as I nervously looked around slowly baking away.

Once my sight connected back onto the bush my breathing began to increase as I force my legs to back away a bit faster.

A pair of red glowing eyes were staring back at me making me look around me with fear. More red eyes can be seen as I turned around looking all around me not knowing what to do. My legs were like concrete, they were heavy making it hard for me to move. I didn't want to move out of fear, not knowing what these creatures were staring at me.

What will happen if I dared to move?

Not long after I heard ?a low growl followed by a bloodthirsty snarl, which was enough to force my feet to move forward away from the area that I was just in.

My body trembled, the feeling of fear and adrenaline coursing through my body at once as I ran for my life.

I could hear the harsh padding of heavy paws on the snow. This didn't sound like no ordinary animal but more like sound of a beast. My body was straining to run faster and faster as I knew these creatures were still behind me.

My body continues to strain as my chest began to tighten developing a burning sensation. I knew my lungs weren't getting enough air at this point and I couldn't run forever.