Chapter 10

After a moment of silence, Akito walked up to Hatori as he drew his hand back slapping Hatori across the face.

My hands quickly moved to cover my mouth. Hatori didn't even seem to flinch as if this was all normal to him.

"You know how I feel about dating, Hatori" Akito grabbed the back of Hatori's neck pulling him closer. "You wouldn't want Yukimi to end up like Kana, would you?" Akito stared at me as he continued speaking before letting Hatori go as he walked towards me.

He grabbed me by my chin forcefully pulling me closer to him making me lookup.

"You may be my friend, but you will learn to obey me... you will learn that I'm above all else in your life" Akito leaned forward in my ear whispering so no one else would hear.

I wonder if my mother went through similar experiences when she was a Sohma before she left with my dad.

"Akito.... Hatori and I aren't together" He jerked me backward away from him making me lookup.

"Who ask you to speak?" He glared harshly at me. Everyone else must be scared right now they can't even say anything even Kyo. It's the bond right, but I wonder how I can be so bold speaking up to Akito the way that I do.

Was it because I was raised away from him? Maybe because I feared my father's actions more than Akito's.

"I-I apologize" His hand moved to my throat gripping it tightly closing off my airways.

"Here... let me help you be a bit more respectful"

"Akito!! Stop!!!" Hatori called out resting his hand on Akito's arm getting his attention.

Akito smacked Hatori's hand away scoffing at him before he released his tight grip from my throat. As soon as he did I dropped to the ground gasping for air coughing lightly.

Tohru rushed to my side rubbing my back gently comforting me as I looked up at Akito with teary eyes.

"You're just pathetic, both of you" He looked between Tohru and I clenching his fist as he tried to hold back whatever anger he had built up. "One thinks she can break the curse and the other thinks that she can ease her way back into the family"

"Akito don't..." Yuki's soft voice chimed in as he stepped in front of Tohru and I blocking us from Akito's view. I understand that for them that standing up to Akito would possibly have consequences but for me, the fear of my father is still greater than my fear of Akito.

Maybe my father was trying to protect me from this all along. Or maybe my father just don't want me back in the family. Or to go through the same hardship my mother might have faced.

If he was truly protecting me then what's telling otherwise? What's wanting me to stray away from my father? Why don't I feel safe? But why can't I abandon him?

"you..." Akito started again, even though Yuki blocked me from him I still knew he was talking about me. This feeling telling me that it wasn't going to be anything good. "The truth is I've always hated you from the start and after finding out you were apart of the zodiac made me hate you even more"

My eyes widened as tears slowly began to fall from my eyes splatting onto the cold concrete.

"You are just as much as an outcast as Kyo... Both of you are nothing... and more so like your mother-" Before he could say anything else about her I cut him off again.

"Do you even know her as well as I did Akito?" I looked up at him but he had nothing to say. He couldn't answer my question and we both knew that all too well. "She was a great person!!!" I said raising my voice at him not noticing what I was doing. The only thing on my mind was all the good things my mother had done for us up until she passed.

The tears wouldn't stop flowing as I began to sob as I sat there reminiscing about my mother. Just when I thought I'd closed that wound in my heart I realized it was opening up again. It was like it had never healed it had never closed.

"Don't speak about her as if you know her so well or even like you knew the reasons she did what she did" Everyone stared at me with wide eyes but I could understand why. At this point I was crazy, I was asking for a death wish. This was bold of me to stand up to someone above me even after getting hit and strangled I still rebelled.

"She wasn't perfect but she did her best and always fought for what she believed in whether it was wrong or right" He shoved Hatori and Yuki out of the way snatching me up by the root of my hair yanking me forward at his feet.

"You've got some nerve, but I will make you regret ever coming back again" He pushed me back forcefully onto the ground tucking his hands back into his pocket, snapping his head in the direction of the car motioning Kureno to follow him.

The only thing I could do was pull my knees into my chest and continue to sob and cry. It hurt to know that I never really had a friend and to question whether Yuki felt the same way too.

He is a nice person and so I want to believe that he isn't pretending but then if I think that Yuki feels the same way as Akito.

Then.... how does Hatori feel about me.

Did the kiss mean anything?

Did Momiji's words mean anything?

"I'm sorry" Lifting my head slowly as my eyes made contact with his light brown eyes. Even though the night didn't end well I still had fun with all of them because it might be my last.

"Don't be Momiji... I'm sorry but I still had a great time with you guys" I forced a smile upon my face hoping to reassure them that I'd be alright.

"Don't force yourself to be okay, you idiot" Kyo said clenching his fists along with his jaws. He's always holding a lot back, if not the most but he's strong enough to keep it all bottled away inside.

"If I weren't okay then you guys would worry too much about me" I smiled more which seemed to bother him more.

Not able to hold back anymore I burst out laughing at him as he was visibly getting more bothered cats started to appear out of nowhere surround him.

Well, Akito this is how I plan to stay sane and it will take a lot more to drive me away.